Hi;

I just installed Fedora 2.6.20, using FC-6-i386-disc1.iso -- disc5.iso.  It
included Samba 3.0.24.

When I view a Fedora folder, /lantik/data, from a Win 2003 Small Business
Server, My Network Places\ …\Samba Server (Fedora)\lantik\data only 4 of 9
files are listed.

>From the KDE file manager I can see that 8 files belong to user ‘harry’ &
group ‘harry’, while the 9th belongs to ‘root’ & is one of the files
displayed.  All 9 files have the same permissions –rw-rw-rw-.  The displayed
files have either ‘txt’ or ‘dbf’ as their extensions.

The files that aren’t displayed range from 752 bytes to 3.8KB, are all dbfs,
and have combinations of upper & lower case characters and numbers in their
names.

I’ve checked the share properties for the data folder, even More Samba
Options – which I haven’t changed – but can’t see anything that would cause
the list to be filtered.

I am a newbie to Linux & Samba, but have been playing with other OS’s for a
long time.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Harry

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.