mups.cp wrote:
I understand your point of view, but most of time people prefer have
only an username and password instead one for each application and
system they use.

that is exactly what I want to do; so, using ldap, I can have the same user/pass for both domain and mailbox

based on your experience, which would fit better with postfix/courier and samba ?

thanks,

petre

There are other options, but I prefer LDAP for account management and
centralization. Others will prefer MySQL.