I've been chasing this problem for several days. I have taken the 3.0.26a Fedora 7 SRPM from the Samba FTP site and rebuilt it on RedHat EL5 and installed it. It runs, but it has exactly the same problem as the original 3.0.23c version.

I can join the domain and 'wbinfo -t' returns OK.

However, 'wbinfo -g' returns only two groups then gives a failure message and 'wbinfo -u', doesn't return anything.

So, it almost works.

Can anyone give me a clue on where to look for this problem?

Cheers,

Herman