Brolin Empey wrote:
 > 1. Sometimes the contents of a folder on a Samba share become outdated until
the
folder contents are manually refreshed by pressing F5 in Windows Explorer.  From
what I have read, this can be caused by missing or incorrect File Change
Notifications.

We use Win2K SP4 heavilly... I thought that sort of behavior (having to press
F5) was standard practice. So, same for us.

2. Sometimes Windows Explorer shows duplicates of a folder on a Samba share. The duplicate folder disappears after the folder contents are manually refreshed.

We have never had Windows Explorer show duplicate data.

These two problems happen when the Samba share is mapped to a network drive;  I
do not know whether they happen when accessing the Samba share via its UNC path
instead of a mapped network drive.

We NET USE Samba shares to obtain drive letters. We do no access via UNC.

* Debian GNU/Linux
* uname -a:
Linux Repository 2.6.17.4 #3 Wed Jul 19 11:57:48 PDT 2006 i686 GNU/Linux
* Samba: v3.0.23c-3 from Debian prebuilt package

Debian Sarge here.
2.6.12-1-k7 #1 Tue Sep 27 13:22:07 JST 2005 i686 GNU/Linux
Currently running Samba 3.0.26a-1 from Samba.org
We recently upgraded from Samba 3.0.25b-1
I recall being on 3.0.21c for a good long time. Then finally upgraded to
3.0.23d.
Again, all from Samba.org.

--
Michael Lueck