hce wrote:
Hi,

Can the samba be compiled by ARM cross compiler (arm/3.4.1/arm-linux)?
I am currently downloaded samba-3.0.26a tar ball. I guess I have
following two choices, please advice which one make sense.

1. Run configurate under a linux pc distribution such as FC6, then
modify Makefile to the cross compiler path and lib.

2. Modify configurate to directly run under ARM cross compiler.

Thank you.

Jim
1 and 2 amounts to the same thing. I have compiled Samba for the Arm about 5 years ago, so it can probably still be done. Please don't ask me anything about it though...
:)