James,
That would be great if you can find the patch. For, now I will drop back to 3.0.6a samba.

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year.

James Peach wrote:
On 20/12/2007, CJ Keist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
All,
    I searched archives and found one related to our problem, with
subject "samba 3.0.26a and dropboxes", but there was no solution. So
posting this again for hopes of a fix.

    We have dropboxes where users can drop files in someone else's
dropbox folder.  You have write permissions but not read for the folder.
In UNIX the dropbox permision is set as 2733.  This all worked fine with
Samba 3.0.6a.  But now have upgraded to Samba 3.0.28 and
they are no longer working.

I think that's a Samba bug, There was a change in the directory
handling code that started requiring the ability to read the
directory. I have a patch for this somewhere - I'll try to dig it up
in the new year.

--
C. J. Keist                     Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
UNIX/Network Manager            Phone: 970-491-0630

All I want is a chance to prove 'Money can't buy happiness'