Greeting Yan,

For your users, I suggest you something like Terminal Services or XServer to access files via VPN. With this you use a remote desktop and don't access directly files by the VPN. It is very faster :-)

Regards,

Robert

I have a somewhat hybrid setup that I need some help with...

I have a main server running 3.0.28 and a satellite server running 3.0.26. They are linked via VPN. Right now we're using cifs to communicate through the VPN, which is painfully slow.

Since the two servers are linux boxes, is there a more bandwidth-efficient protocol that we can use between the two servers? NFS?

The users can sling files back and forth via GoToMyPC quicker than they can using the VPN.

Thanks,

--Yan