Hi all,

We have been running samba servers for a few years now. All is running very well. Lately we are seeing more and more linux workstations in our network. We've always helped them to manually map shares etc, which works well. But we are really looking for a way to automatically create the necessary drives (mounts) upon logging into the network. (with something like a linux equivalent of the windows logon script)

I know of autofs, but (the way I see it now?) this is not scalable nor automatically, because it needs to have the username/password to use in a file. It can't work as 'the currently logged-in' user. (please correct me if I'm wrong!)

So... What you you people here use? Is there a solution for this, other than manually configuring each workstation? Or should I use something else? NFS?

btw: sles10 servers, samba/openldap, xp / ubuntu workstations.

Regards,
Mourik Jan