John Drescher wrote:
On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 8:10 PM, Keith Sudbury <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Guys,

I am attempting to configure AC:L's I have enabled it in smb.conf for my
share and remounted my fs with acl enabled. However if I attempt to edit
security permissions for the group "Domain Users" it creates two more group
"CREATOR GROUP" and "CREATOR OWNER" and refreshes the security properties
and then just resets the tick boxes i had  selected.

I have attached a screenshot of the windows security tab, here is the share
aprt of my smb.conf

# scratch space // Sneakernet // ***NOT BACKED UP***
      [Scratch]
      comment = Sneakernet
      path = /home/scratch
      public = no
      writable = yes
      browseable = yes
      follow symlinks = yes
      force group = "Domain Users"
      nt acl support = yes
      create mask = 770
      directory mask = 770

Have you configured idmap?

Here is what I have for a test domain called YOUR_DOMAIN

        idmap domains = YOUR_DOMAIN TRUSTEDDOMAINS
        idmap config YOUR_DOMAIN:backend  = nss
        idmap config YOUR_DOMAIN:readonly = yes
        idmap config TRUSTEDDOMAINS:default = yes
        idmap config TRUSTEDDOMAINS:backend = tdb
        idmap config TRUSTEDDOMAINS:range   = 10000 - 50000
        idmap alloc backend      = tdb
        idmap alloc config:range = 10000 - 50000

John
Hi John,

I have...

security = ads
passdb backend = tdbsam

  password server = server01.mydomain.local
  realm = MYDOMAIN.LOCAL
  idmap uid = 16777216-33554431
  idmap gid = 16777216-33554431
  template shell = /bin/bash
  winbind use default domain = yes
  winbind enum users = yes
obey pam restrictions = yes

I will test what you pasted above in a VM.

Regards

--
Keith Sudbury
Netzen Solution Ltd