LÉVAI Dániel wrote:
Hi!

It seems my samba and cups won't communicate with each other. I've configured samba to load the printers from cups:
load printers = yes
printing = cups
printcap name = cups

[printers]
        comment = All Printers
        path = /var/spool/samba
        printable = yes
        public = no
        read only = yes
        create mode = 0700
        valid users = @digiszfv
        printer admin = daniell

# lpstat -t
scheduler is running
no system default destination
device for hp_lj_p2015n: socket://192.168.1.66
hp_lj_p2015n accepting requests since 2008. okt. 10., p?ek, 08.49.44 CEST
printer hp_lj_p2015n is idle. enabled since 2008. okt. 10., p?ek, 08.49.44 CEST

Despite all this, samba fails to advertise the printer:
# smbclient -U daniell -L FILESERVER
Enter daniell's password:
Domain=[DIGISZFV] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.2.3]

        Sharename       Type      Comment
        ---------       ----      -------
        print$          Disk      Printer Drivers
        ugyfelszolgalat Disk      Ugyfélszolgálat
        adminisztrator  Disk      Adminisztrátorok
        optikus         Disk      Szemészet
        IPC$            IPC       IPC Service (Samba (fileserver))
        daniell         Disk      Home Directories
Domain=[DIGISZFV] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.2.3]

What am I missing? Any help would be appreciated.
What this post is missing is some more info I think.
Samba is 3.2.3
Cups is 1.3.8
OS is a Debian testing
Kernel is linux kernel 2.6.24

The printers doesn't show on Linux nor on Win.
On the Cups www admin page, I can print out a test page, so the printer is usable. The problem is with the link between cups and samba. Can't seem to figure or find out what is it, though.

Thanks in advance!
Daniel

--
LEVAI Daniel