Brian Gregorcy wrote:
Add this to the global section:

unix extensions                 = no

Stuart Reedy wrote:
Greetings,

We have an issue using Mac OS 10.5 with our Samba shares connected via cifs://server/Sharename. From what I can tell, when the Mac writes a file the permissions are correct (0660). Then it seems to change the permission to 0644, defeating the whole point of shared files.

Has anyone else encountered this and, perhaps, found a work-around?

Server Info:
Samba 3.0.33 (Slackware package)
Slackware 11.0

smb.conf:
[global]
        workgroup = WG
        server string = Samba Server
        interfaces = x.x.x.x/16
        passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
        unix password sync = Yes
        ldap ssl = no
        hosts allow = x.x., 127.0.0.1
        ea support = Yes
        veto files = /.DS_Store/._.*/DesktopFolderDB/Network Trash
Folder/resource.frk/TheFindByContentFolder/TheVolumeSettingsFolder/
        delete veto files = true
--==SNIP==--
[Sharename]
        path = /path/ShareName
        valid users = @somegroup
        write list = @somegroup
        read only = No
        create mask = 0660
        directory mask = 0770
        force create mode = 0660
        force directory mode = 0770

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!
Stu...

Setting "unix extension = no" fixed the permissions problem.

Thanks!
Stu...

--
Stuart Reedy               Working hard for a great university!
s...@coe.uky.edu