Hello,
I have AIX 5.2.0.0 , this server have installed ( Samba 3.0.23d +
winbind ), user of  domain NT working  OK. this user are authenticated
OK

( see smb.conf ).
[global]
        workgroup = Mydomain
        server string = My server samba
        security = DOMAIN
        auth methods = guest, winbind, sam
        map to guest = Bad User
        passdb backend = tdbsam:/opt/pware/samba/3.0.23d/private/passdb.tdb
        guest account = guest
        username map = /opt/pware/samba/3.0.23d/lib/smb_users.map
        log level = 0
        name resolve order = wins lmhosts host bcast
        load printers = No
        machine password timeout = 86400
        preferred master = No
        local master = No
        dns proxy = No
        wins server =  Myserver WINS
        ldap ssl = no
        winbind enum users = Yes
        winbind enum groups = Yes
        winbind use default domain = Yes

NOW, I need change NT  for Active Directory WIN2003 Server, and
SMB.CONF not working properly ( see smb.conf).

                workgroup = Mydomain
        server string = Myserver samba
        security = SERVER
                password server = my server AD
        auth methods = guest, winbind, sam
        map to guest = Bad User
        passdb backend = tdbsam:/opt/pware/samba/3.0.23d/private/passdb.tdb
        guest account = guest
        username map = /opt/pware/samba/3.0.23d/lib/smb_users.map
        log level = 0
        name resolve order = wins lmhosts host bcast
        load printers = No
        machine password timeout = 86400
        preferred master = No
        local master = No
        dns proxy = No
        wins server = My wins server
        ldap ssl = no
        winbind enum users = Yes
        winbind enum groups = Yes
        winbind use default domain = Yes

 In this smb, re-direct all incoming connections to the AD server for
authentication, but no working.
This command  work OK:
 ./net  rpc join -S  ADSERV  -U
wbinfo -u