Dear samtools-help list,

whatever I am doing with both 'samtools mpileup' and 'bcftools mpileup', in both cases not all sites are reported, even if I specify the '-a -a' options e.g.:

samtools mpileup -L 999999999 -d 999999999 -r chr1:50000001-50025000 -b BAM.list --fasta-ref REF.fasta -a -a -t AD,DP -Q 0

Thsi should result in 25000 sites, however the number is lower.

Has somebody stumbled about the same problem and might have a solution.

Actually the number of sites even drops if I am using the '-I' option.

Best regards and thank you in anticipation

--
Kristian Ullrich, Ph.D.
Department of Evolutionary Genetics