Dear Jeroen,

On Oct 07 2019, Jeroen Van den Keybus wrote:
> I use a HP C309a and X576dw (fast scanning) daily and reliably with their
> hplip drivers and gscan2pdf. No issues.

Thanks for the feedback. They both seem like considering as fine
replacements to this current Canon E4210, especially considering their
optical resolutions.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like I can get the HP C309a in my
country. :-( The X576dw, OTOH, is beyond my budget. :-(

> I needed the Canon LiDE220 as a scan-only device (work on desk) and HP's
> ScanJets are a bit expensive.

Like the first one from HP, and according to the specs on Canon's site, it
seems to be capable of amazing high resolutions and it is not that
expensive (this one I can find on my local market).

> I would expect the drivers to be working well on that device too.

I will keep this in consideration for a future purchase for my parents (they
will need an all-in-one device soon, it seems).

Thank you very much for your recommendations,

Rogério

--
Rogério Brito : rbrito@{ime.usp.br,gmail.com} : GPG key 4096R/BCFCAAAA
http://cynic.cc/blog/ : github.com/rbrito : profiles.google.com/rbrito