Hi,

On Wed, Aug 31, 2022 at 12:26 PM Sean Greenslade <s...@seangreenslade.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 31, 2022 at 09:34:55AM -0700, Ralph Little wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Tue, Aug 30, 2022 at 10:36 PM Sean Greenslade <
> s...@seangreenslade.com>
> > wrote:
> > Document size:
> > Maximum: 8.5 × 72 inches (215.9 × 1828.8 mm)
> > Documents scanned at 301 dpi or more: up to 8.5 × 14 inches (215.9 ×
> 355.6 mm)
> > Minimum: 2 × 2 inches (50.8 × 50.8 mm)
>
> So Allan's point in his reply is probably valid: the AMAX is only usable
> at the 200 dpi resolution. And indeed, I just tried a large scan at 600
> dpi with my patch and it fails once the paper exceeds 14 inches. So this
> is indeed more complicated than my simple patch.
>
> Does anyone know offhand if there are facilities in the sane APIs for
> different scan sizes per supported resolution? I see the TL_X/Y and
> BR_X/Y, but it seems like the API assumes that those values are fixed
> for a given scanner.

Typically, SANE options are adjusted by amendments to others.
So if you change the resolution or source, other options and/or their
respective limits are amended accordingly. So, for example, if you change
the res to 600dpi, then upper limit on height would change to the lower
limit and if the currently selected value for height exceeded that limit it
would be adjusted downward.

There are specific flags in the option definitions to indicate this to the
frontend as well. So if an option is changed that affects other options, a
flag is set to information the frontend to re-acquire values and attributes
of the other options to get any changes.

Cheers,
Ralph