Hi,

On Wed, Nov 23, 2022 at 6:31 AM Giovanni Cappellotto <potoma...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In 2017 I used sane on Mac OS X to scan films using a Minolta Dimage Scan
> Dual II. When I used sane again in 2020 it didn't work anymore. I tried to
> contribute to the project to fix the backend for my scanner. I was able to
> successfully scan a single frame at a time, but I lacked the knowledge to
> completely fix the issue.

If you are using SANE then there are currently some issues when scanning
via USB on MacOS related to forking + libusb. Hopefully we can sort this
out soon.

When you successfully scanned in 2017, you would most likely have been
using the avision backend since this is an avision device.
You could try again with SANE and generate some diagnostic output and send
that to us by setting SANE_DEBUG_AVISION=10 environment variable.

If it is related to the fork/libusb issue, you could try the fix that
someone suggested here:
https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/-/issues/153#note_1144447613

Cheers,
Ralph