Hi,

On 2023-01-01 15:54, m. allan noah wrote:
It has been nearly a year since our last release, and there have been many changes and bug fixes. I'd like to get 1.2.1 released in early February. I've not done it in a few years, but I am certainly willing to make the release package.

Any objections to a code freeze on Jan 22, and a release on Feb 5?

Happy New Year!

Sounds good to me. I don't mind creating a 1.2.1 milestone and assigning MRs etc, as a precursor to making up the release notes.

I know Povilas proposed using an automated tool to generate the release notes. This involves dropping files somewhere into a directory. I will look into that. I know personally I have not been very strict wrt to keeping that up-to-date. I will fill in the gaps as best I can.

Cheers,
Ralph