Hi,

On Thu, Feb 9, 2023 at 11:07 AM Miss Tori <misstoris...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Update to my mailing below (I deleted it before it was approved to the
> list)....
> It definitely has to do with what's going on during the sane_read API
> function.
>
> If I issue scanimage -T,  it will start clicking instantly

There are a couple of things that I can think of:

1 - The scan head is hitting the end of travel and is slipping the belt or
gear, or
2-  Whatever motor settings being specified are out of spec for the motor.

Can you confirm is this happens when the scan head is at the end of travel?
If not, then I suspect that the motor is having some problems with the
settings used by the backend to drive the motor.

Cheers,
Ralph