Hi,
Thanks you for your report!

On Tue, Sep 19, 2023 at 2:34 AM Stephane Louise <stephane.r.lou...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I wanted to report a partial success using Iriscan Express 3 scanner with
> sane (it is an oldy, but it was given to me so why not give it a try).
> For that, I probed the scanner using sane-find-scanner and scanimage -L,
> and was pretty confident that it was a gt6816 based scanner. Therefore I
> overrode the detection of the scanner to iriscan-express-2, in gt68xx.conf
> and it kind-of worked.
>
> The results: the commands are accurately given to the scanner, and it can
> scan in its highest resolution (600dpi) without crashing or endomaging the
> hardware. The main caveat is the fact that the output file is a horizontal
> gradient of the picture which is "not optimal" (looks like e.g. a Prewitt
> filter applied to the output). N.B: there are miss-alignments with lower
> resolutions also but for me it is still minor as long as I could make the
> native resolution work.

It would be cool to see some samples of that. It might be something that is
easy to fix.
Even better would be to create an issue on our GitLab backends page where
the information you have supplied could be kept and progress tracked.

If you don't feel happy to do that then you could send some sample images
to me personally and I will open the issue there. It also means that it
doesn't get forgotten.

Cheers,
Ralph