Hello Olaf,

On Sep 21 22:12 Olaf Meeuwissen wrote (excerpt):
About a year ago, I set out trying to get rid of *all*
compiler warnings on a "well-defined" build platform.
I'm happy to report that we've made it!

Awesome!

I appreciate very much your continuous persistent work
to get the code clean.

... the debian-8-full build[2], is free of compiler warnings!
[2] https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/builds/4218963

What a boring build log it is now ;-)

Now the crucial question:

How to keep the code clean for the future?

Could there be automated builds with automated tests
that reject code changes that introduce warnings?

Hope this helps,

Yes, your work helps so much!

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
Graham Norton - HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)