I'm trying to help a neighbor, I have basic user level knowledge of Linux, he doesn't have any. I installed Linux Mint 17 on his Dell Laptop and successfully installed his wireless HP Deskjet 3520 Printer/scanner. The scanner has worked well for about 4 months. The other day his cable provider installed a new router, I was able using CUPS to install his printer but Simple Scan and Xsane do not see the scanner. I assumed its do to a change of IP address. However, I cannot find any facility for checking the IP configuration setting.

I look forward to any suggestions in resolving this lack of connectivity.