On 11/23/2017 09:54 PM, Simon Matter wrote:
On 11/23/2017 09:38 AM, Louis Lagendijk wrote:
On Wed, 2017-11-22 at 19:42 -0800, ToddAndMargo wrote:
Dear List,

Anyone know of a source of RPMs out there for
RHEL and Clones (CentOS, etc.)?  RHEL is
stuck on 1.0.24 and does not include sane-backends-daemon

Many thanks,
-T

No, I don;t know of a repo that has it. but you may try to rebuild the
Fedora SRPM... Just fetch the SRPM and do a rpmbuild --rebuild <SRPM>
most likely does the job.
BR, Louis

$ rpmbuild --rebuild sane-backends-1.0.27-5.fc27.src.rpm
Installing sane-backends-1.0.27-5.fc27.src.rpm
error: sane-backends-1.0.27-5.fc27.src.rpm cannot be installed

That's all output you get? If so, maybe it's because the RPM format has
changed. You should be able to extract the files from the RPM with
rpm2cpio, then move them to the correct SOURCE + SPEC dir ein build from
there.

Regards,
Simon

They have change a ton of stuff.  I can extract it, but then again,
I'd have to know what I was doing to reassemble it.

Fedora 27 has so far out paced RHEL it is not funny.  I haven't
been able to rebuild Fedora rpms for over a year.  RHEL
is minimally maintained to support stability.  It is basically
a really old, frozen version of Fedora, with amendments.