On 03/09/2018 02:35 AM, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
Hi Todd,

ToddAndMargo writes:

On 03/08/2018 03:09 AM, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:

# Better quoting would be appreciated :-)

looking at
krarc:/home/CDs/Linux/Epson/iscan-gt-f720-bundle-1.0.1.x64.rpm/data/iscan-data-1.36.0-1.noarch.rpm/usr/share/iscan-data/device/

I only find an XML for the Perfection V800.

The presence of an XML file for your device is not a hard requirement,
IIRC.  The fact that scanimage lists your V300 would be proof of that.
If you can actually scan with scanimage even more so.  If you can scan
with scanimage then the V300 _is_ supported by the epkowa backend.

If, on the same machine and with the same permissions, saned is not able
to detect the device, then there is something wrong with your saned
configuration iself or with the way saned is started by, I presume,
systemd.

Figured it out.  I had to add saned to root in /etc/group.  I
made a separate posting on this to find out the ramifications
and if there is a way around it.