Send sanskrit mailing list submissions to
To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
You can reach the person managing the list at
When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of sanskrit digest..."
1. New Release of Ganakashtadhyayi (Ver 5.5) (Dr Shivamurthy Swamiji)
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 13:49:01 +0530
From: "Dr Shivamurthy Swamiji" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Sanskrit] New Release of Ganakashtadhyayi (Ver 5.5)
Message-ID: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Dear Members of Sanskrit List,
I am pleased to announce the new release of Ganakashtadhyayi (Ver 5.5) a
software Sanskrit grammar based on Panini's Sutras. The present version
has many exciting new features. Ever since the earlier version was released
a year ago, a lot of efforts have been put in this new version to understand
and appreciate the ancient wisdom of India especially of Panini's
intelligence par excellence. Panini's Ashtadhyayi is an intellectual fete
and writing the program code for his Sutras has been a challenging task. I
have derived deep satisfaction in developing this software which I believe
makes Panini look alive. Some of the salient features in this version are:
1. New Algorithm for efficient handling of Panini's Sutras.
2. English translation for selected Sutras of Panini.
3. Implemented the Sutras related to all the standard examples of
Sandhis dealt with in Laghu Siddhanta-kaumudi.
4. Implemented the Sutras related to all the standard examples of
nominal stems ending with vowels in masculine gender (ajanta- pullinga).
5. Introduced new menus "Sandhi Navigator" and "Shabda Navigator" for
automatically selecting and generating the results of all the standard
examples found in the Laghu Siddhanta Kaumudi.
6. Newly introduced the tabs - Brief, Detail and Full Details, for
three different modes of Derivational History.
7. Popup window facility to read English/French translation while
browsing the Sutras in the Derivational History.
8. Introduced a new sub-menu called "Clear" under the main menu of
Sandhi and Shabdarupa for removing the current or all the results displayed
on the screen.
9. Provided the facility to print the results of Sandhi and Shabdarupa
including the Derivational History seen on the screen.
10. English and Hindi meanings for about 900 Dhatus of the first Gana in
addition to other Ganas. (Thanks to Sri Narayan Prasad of Pune for the
arduous task of compiling this).
With great joy, I am offering this software as a token of gift to the world
community of Sanskrit scholars, students and admirers on the happy occasion
of Deepavali, the festival of light. You can freely download the software
from our website:
The new version has been successfully tested with Windows 2000 and Windows
XP only. The current version may not be compatible with Windows98. You
must reboot your system after installation.
I would appreciate if you can find time to send your comments/suggestions
[EMAIL PROTECTED] for further improvement of the software.
Wishing you all a happy Diipaavalii
Dr Shivamurthy Swamiji
Sri Taralabalu Jagadguru Brihanmath,
Sirigere - 577 541, Chitradurga Dist, Karnataka [India]
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
sanskrit mailing list
End of sanskrit Digest, Vol 42, Issue 11