Send sanskrit mailing list submissions to
        sanskrit@cs.utah.edu

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
        http://mailman.cs.utah.edu/mailman/listinfo/sanskrit
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
        sanskrit-requ...@cs.utah.edu

You can reach the person managing the list at
        sanskrit-ow...@cs.utah.edu

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of sanskrit digest..."


Today's Topics:

   1. ??? "??"-?????????? "??"-????? ??????????, ??? ?????????? |
      (S. L. Abhyankar)
   2. Re: ??? "??"-?????????? "??"-????? ??????????, ??? ??????????
      | (Krishnanand Mankikar)
   3. ????? ????? ?? http://slabhyankar.wordpress.com ????????
      ?????????? ????????? ????? ? (S. L. Abhyankar)
   4. Re: Tools for transliteration (S. L. Abhyankar)
   5. Re: Font for displaying in Sanskrit (Krishnamachary)
   6. of "sidhyanti" and "siddhyanti" (S. L. Abhyankar)
   7. Re: Font for displaying in Sanskrit (Mukesh Goel)


----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 18:13:59 -0400
From: "S. L. Abhyankar" <sl.abhyan...@gmail.com>
Subject: [Sanskrit] ??? "??"-?????????? "??"-????? ??????????, ???
        ?????????? |
To: sushilja...@gmail.com
Cc: sanskrit@cs.utah.edu
Message-ID:
        <aanlktindaonymhi7wr-wva53uzwnopkgdyuhc3_zk...@mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

??????? "????? ?????" ?????,
????????? ???? ???????? ?
?? ???? ??? ????? ?????????????? ??? "??"-?????????? "??"-????? ??????????,
??? ?????????? ??? ?
??? ????? ??????, ???????? ?? ?????? ????? ??????? ??????? ???????? ?
???????? ?? ?????? ????? ?? "??"-????? ?? ?????????? ?
????????
????????
???????? ?????? ????????? ?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sushil Jalan <sushilja...@gmail.com>
To: Sanskrit Mailing List <sanskrit@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 16:48:23 +0530
Subject: Re: [Sanskrit] Learning Sanskrit by a fresh approach - Lesson 2
?????? ???????? ?????,
??????? ????? ?? ???? ?????? ?????? ???? ???
???????? ?????? ?????? ???? ????? ??? ?? ?? ?????? ????? ?? ??????? ?? ???
???? ( ??? - ?????? ) ?? ???? ?? (?????) ????? ?? ???? ??, ?? ??? ?? ???? ??
?? ???? ?? ?? ?? - ?????? ?? ????? ?? ???? ?? - ???? ??????? ??? ?? ????
?????
???? ??? 2 ?? ?????? ???? ?? ???? ???? ?? ???? ?????? 3 ??? ?????? ??
???? these
six where exist ???? ??, ?? ???? ?? ?????? ?? ???? ??  six thesewhere
exist ????
?????? ???

?????????????????
????? ?????

Respected Shri Abhyankar ji

The new concept of teaching Sanskrit is really exciting. Most politely I
would request you to kindly explain why the original Sanskrit word "??????"
would become "????? " at the time of verse composition and why again the
same word remain in its original form when it occurs at the end of the
verse.

The practice table of Lesson 2 at Sl no. 3 the sequence of words in English
shown by you is " these six where exist" but to my mind perhaps, as per the
verse composition the sequence should be "six(???) these (???) where exist
 ".

With kind regards,
Sushil Jalan,
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: 
http://mailman.cs.utah.edu/pipermail/sanskrit/attachments/20100525/3873fa3c/attachment-0001.html
 

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 08:59:50 +0530
From: Krishnanand Mankikar <kdmanki...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Sanskrit] ??? "??"-?????????? "??"-????? ??????????, ???
        ?????????? |
To: Sanskrit Mailing List <sanskrit@cs.utah.edu>
Message-ID:
        <aanlktinpekuxrjnj6_0cx-rkyynd2stzxgl5doqvl...@mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

?????????? ?? ????, ?????????? ? ?? ???? ????????????? ?? ????????? ??? ??
????

???????????

2010/5/26 S. L. Abhyankar <sl.abhyan...@gmail.com>

>  ??????? "????? ?????" ?????,
> ????????? ???? ???????? ?
> ?? ???? ??? ????? ?????????????? ??? "??"-?????????? "??"-????? ??????????,
> ??? ?????????? ??? ?
> ??? ????? ??????, ???????? ?? ?????? ????? ??????? ??????? ???????? ?
> ???????? ?? ?????? ????? ?? "??"-????? ?? ?????????? ?
> ????????
> ????????
> ???????? ?????? ????????? ?
>
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: Sushil Jalan <sushilja...@gmail.com>
> To: Sanskrit Mailing List <sanskrit@cs.utah.edu>
> Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 16:48:23 +0530
> Subject: Re: [Sanskrit] Learning Sanskrit by a fresh approach - Lesson 2
> ?????? ???????? ?????,
> ??????? ????? ?? ???? ?????? ?????? ???? ???
> ???????? ?????? ?????? ???? ????? ??? ?? ?? ?????? ????? ?? ??????? ?? ???
> ???? ( ??? - ?????? ) ?? ???? ?? (?????) ????? ?? ???? ??, ?? ??? ?? ???? ??
> ?? ???? ?? ?? ?? - ?????? ?? ????? ?? ???? ?? - ???? ??????? ??? ?? ????
> ?????
> ???? ??? 2 ?? ?????? ???? ?? ???? ???? ?? ???? ?????? 3 ??? ?????? ?? ???? 
> these
> six where exist ???? ??, ?? ???? ?? ?????? ?? ???? ??  six thesewhere
> exist ???? ?????? ???
>
> ?????????????????
> ????? ?????
>
> Respected Shri Abhyankar ji
>
> The new concept of teaching Sanskrit is really exciting. Most politely I
> would request you to kindly explain why the original Sanskrit word "??????"
> would become "????? " at the time of verse composition and why again the
> same word remain in its original form when it occurs at the end of the
> verse.
>
> The practice table of Lesson 2 at Sl no. 3 the sequence of words in English
> shown by you is " these six where exist" but to my mind perhaps, as per
> the verse composition the sequence should be "six(???) these (???) where
> exist ".
>
> With kind regards,
> Sushil Jalan,
> _______________________________________________
> To UNSUBSCRIBE or customize your subscription or topics of interest, visit
> http://mailman.cs.utah.edu/mailman/options/sanskrit
> and follow instructions.
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: 
http://mailman.cs.utah.edu/pipermail/sanskrit/attachments/20100526/2cdd2a46/attachment-0001.html
 

------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 19:36:21 -0400
From: "S. L. Abhyankar" <sl.abhyan...@gmail.com>
Subject: [Sanskrit] ????? ????? ?? http://slabhyankar.wordpress.com
        ???????? ?????????? ????????? ????? ?
To: sanskrit@cs.utah.edu
Message-ID:
        <aanlktilg_xyw2vycepcdahztg-zyn4khj2geca9rb...@mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

??????? "??. ?????????"-?????,
????????? ???? ???????? ? ???? ?????? ?? ?????? ?? ?
????? ????? ?? http://slabhyankar.wordpress.com ???????? ??????????
????????? ????? ?
????????
????????
???????? ?????? ????????? ?



> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: "K.Srikumar" <phy...@gmail.com>
> To: Sanskrit Mailing List <sanskrit@cs.utah.edu>
> Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 16:40:29 +0530
> Subject: Re: [Sanskrit] Learning Sanskrit by a fresh approach - Lesson 4
> Hi abhyankar,
>
> Mails get lost very easily. Could you put this in some blog or your
> personal page and share the link?
> It would be more organized, and easy to share too.
> Just a suggestion.
> If you have already shared any links for the same, my sincere apologies.
>
> by(e)
> S r i k u m a r
> "......even this shall pass!"
>
>
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: 
http://mailman.cs.utah.edu/pipermail/sanskrit/attachments/20100525/52a77a2b/attachment-0001.html
 

------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 20:34:36 -0400
From: "S. L. Abhyankar" <sl.abhyan...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Sanskrit] Tools for transliteration
To: sanskrit@cs.utah.edu
Cc: tnah...@yahoo.co.uk
Message-ID:
        <aanlktinw57ninpe-y823j-oqmktdebvssgddtagiz...@mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

I get following results
(1) by ITRANS of ibiblio ???????? from typing amRutam
(2) By devanagari tool in Google ????? from typing same amRutam
(3) By BARAHA Pad ?????? from typing amRutam and
(4) By BARAHA PAD ????? from typing amRutaM

I think this explains why I am happy with BARAHA Pad.

BARAHA Pad transliterates character by character. You do not wait anxiously,
as in Google, waiting to see how the word will become.

It is not limited by the diction, as Google seems to be.

Furthermore, I can use BARAHA Pad off-line, as good as a simple Note Pad
type Word processor.
I also suggest that this word amRutam provides a good test of the
comparative efficacy of all tools.
One can find BARAHA Pad by simple Google search.
????????
????????
???????? ?????? ????????? ?


> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: kamalesh pathak <kamleshsomn...@gmail.com>
> To: Sanskrit Mailing List <sanskrit@cs.utah.edu>
> Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 17:37:03 +0530
> Subject: Re: [Sanskrit] Font for displaying in Sanskrit
> sri Abhyankar mahodayah
> krupayaa pratyuttaram maam prayachhchha ;
> kah web address Barah pad download karaNAy?
> ( i want to download barah pad from net please send me web address )
> namaskAra pUrvaka
> jayatu somanaath mahAdevAy namah
> truly with regards,
> kamalesh pathak from Somnath
>
> On 24 May 2010 00:20, S. L. Abhyankar <sl.abhyan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear Mr. T. N. Ahuja,
>>
>> I have found BARAHA pad very user-friendly. There is a Language button on
>> the main menu. You can activate Sanskrit or any of the other Indian
>> languages. You can switch between languages also.
>>
>> You type the English spelling and the "pad" converts into activated script
>> automatically. For special characters, you can get guidance from the "Help"
>> button.
>>
>> BARAHA pad can be downloaded free. Being a UNICODE font, it can be
>> "copy-pasted"d into emails.
>>
>> But there is no Mac version. You will need a windows VMWare on Mac.
>>
>> Hope, this helps.
>>
>> ???????? ,
>> ?????????????????? ???????? |
>> ???????? ?????? ????????? ?
>>
>>
>>
>> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
>>> From: T N Ahuja <tnah...@yahoo.co.uk>
>>> To: sanskrit@cs.utah.edu
>>> Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 16:20:12 +0000 (GMT)
>>> Subject: Re: [Sanskrit] sanskrit Digest, Vol 61, Issue 10
>>> Could you please let me know the font used to display sanskrit quotes in
>>> your emails
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Triloki N. AHUJA
>>> e-mail: tnah...@yahoo.co.uk
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: Krishnamachary <vedantham_kris...@yahoo.com>
> To: Sanskrit Mailing List <sanskrit@cs.utah.edu>
> Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 12:49:41 -0700 (PDT)
> Subject: Re: [Sanskrit] Font for displaying in Sanskrit
> Google transliterate tool is much more versatile and could be used for
> almost all Indian languages..You can place it as a tool in Yahoo mail page
> also.It can be easily picked up from google search engine
>
> Mr.V.Krishnamachary
> Retired Civil Engineer
> Samskrutha Abhimaani
> Email: vedantham_kris...@yahoo.com
>
>
> --- On *Tue, 5/25/10, kamalesh pathak <kamleshsomn...@gmail.com>* wrote:
>
>
> From: kamalesh pathak <kamleshsomn...@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Sanskrit] Font for displaying in Sanskrit
> To: "Sanskrit Mailing List" <sanskrit@cs.utah.edu>
> Date: Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 7:07 AM
>
>  sri Abhyankar mahodayah
> krupayaa pratyuttaram maam prayachhchha ;
> kah web address Barah pad download karaNAy?
> ( i want to download barah pad from net please send me web address )
> namaskAra pUrvaka
> jayatu somanaath mahAdevAy namah
> truly with regards,
>  kamalesh pathak from Somnath
>
> On 24 May 2010 00:20, S. L. Abhyankar 
> <sl.abhyan...@gmail.com<http://us.mc355.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=sl.abhyan...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
>
>> Dear Mr. T. N. Ahuja,
>>
>> I have found BARAHA pad very user-friendly. There is a Language button on
>> the main menu. You can activate Sanskrit or any of the other Indian
>> languages. You can switch between languages also.
>>
>> You type the English spelling and the "pad" converts into activated script
>> automatically. For special characters, you can get guidance from the "Help"
>> button.
>>
>> BARAHA pad can be downloaded free. Being a UNICODE font, it can be
>> "copy-pasted"d into emails.
>>
>> But there is no Mac version. You will need a windows VMWare on Mac.
>>
>> Hope, this helps.
>>
>> ???????? ,
>> ?????????????????? ???????? |
>> ???????? ?????? ????????? ?
>>
>>
>>
>> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
>>> From: T N Ahuja 
>>> <tnah...@yahoo.co.uk<http://us.mc355.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=tnah...@yahoo.co.uk>
>>> >
>>> To: 
>>> sanskrit@cs.utah.edu<http://us.mc355.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=sansk...@cs.utah.edu>
>>> Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 16:20:12 +0000 (GMT)
>>> Subject: Re: [Sanskrit] sanskrit Digest, Vol 61, Issue 10
>>>  Could you please let me know the font used to display sanskrit quotes
>>> in your emails
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Triloki N. AHUJA
>>> e-mail: 
>>> tnah...@yahoo.co.uk<http://us.mc355.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=tnah...@yahoo.co.uk>
>>>
>>>
>>>
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: Ajit Krishnan <ajit.krish...@gmail.com>
> To: Sanskrit Mailing List <sanskrit@cs.utah.edu>
> Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 13:20:28 -0700
> Subject: Re: [Sanskrit] Font for displaying in Sanskrit
> namaste,
>
> > Google transliterate tool is much more versatile
>
> Are you referring to the Google IME? It is very nice, but there is one
> problem that prevents me from using it at all. It doesn't allow me to enter
> words that are not found in its dictionary. If you have found a way around
> this, can you please share the details?
>
> As an example, try typing "patram" without an anusvAra.
>
>
> bhavadiiyaH,
>
>        ajit
>
>
> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 12:49 PM, Krishnamachary <
> vedantham_kris...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Google transliterate tool is much more versatile and could be used for
>> almost all Indian languages..You can place it as a tool in Yahoo mail page
>> also.It can be easily picked up from google search engine
>>
>> Mr.V.Krishnamachary
>> Retired Civil Engineer
>> Samskrutha Abhimaani
>> Email: vedantham_kris...@yahoo.com
>>
>>
>> --- On *Tue, 5/25/10, kamalesh pathak <kamleshsomn...@gmail.com>* wrote:
>>
>>
>> From: kamalesh pathak <kamleshsomn...@gmail.com>
>> Subject: Re: [Sanskrit] Font for displaying in Sanskrit
>> To: "Sanskrit Mailing List" <sanskrit@cs.utah.edu>
>> Date: Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 7:07 AM
>>
>>
>>  sri Abhyankar mahodayah
>> krupayaa pratyuttaram maam prayachhchha ;
>> kah web address Barah pad download karaNAy?
>> ( i want to download barah pad from net please send me web address )
>> namaskAra pUrvaka
>> jayatu somanaath mahAdevAy namah
>> truly with regards,
>>  kamalesh pathak from Somnath
>>
>> On 24 May 2010 00:20, S. L. Abhyankar 
>> <sl.abhyan...@gmail.com<http://us.mc355.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=sl.abhyan...@gmail.com>
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Mr. T. N. Ahuja,
>>>
>>> I have found BARAHA pad very user-friendly. There is a Language button on
>>> the main menu. You can activate Sanskrit or any of the other Indian
>>> languages. You can switch between languages also.
>>>
>>> You type the English spelling and the "pad" converts into activated
>>> script automatically. For special characters, you can get guidance from the
>>> "Help" button.
>>>
>>> BARAHA pad can be downloaded free. Being a UNICODE font, it can be
>>> "copy-pasted"d into emails.
>>>
>>> But there is no Mac version. You will need a windows VMWare on Mac.
>>>
>>> Hope, this helps.
>>>
>>> ???????? ,
>>> ?????????????????? ???????? |
>>> ???????? ?????? ????????? ?
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
>>>> From: T N Ahuja 
>>>> <tnah...@yahoo.co.uk<http://us.mc355.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=tnah...@yahoo.co.uk>
>>>> >
>>>> To: 
>>>> sanskrit@cs.utah.edu<http://us.mc355.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=sansk...@cs.utah.edu>
>>>> Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 16:20:12 +0000 (GMT)
>>>> Subject: Re: [Sanskrit] sanskrit Digest, Vol 61, Issue 10
>>>>  Could you please let me know the font used to display sanskrit quotes
>>>> in your emails
>>>> Regards
>>>>
>>>> Triloki N. AHUJA
>>>> e-mail: 
>>>> tnah...@yahoo.co.uk<http://us.mc355.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=tnah...@yahoo.co.uk>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: Ramakrishna Upadrasta <uramakris...@gmail.com>
> To: Sanskrit Mailing List <sanskrit@cs.utah.edu>
> Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 22:46:35 +0200
> Subject: Re: [Sanskrit] Font for displaying in Sanskrit
> namaste,
>
> I found the following transliterate tool quite useful.
>
> http://www.ibiblio.org/sanskrit/tools/sanscript
>
> namaste
> Ramakrishna
>
>
>
> 2010/5/25 Ajit Krishnan <ajit.krish...@gmail.com>
>
>> namaste,
>>
>> > Google transliterate tool is much more versatile
>>
>>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: 
http://mailman.cs.utah.edu/pipermail/sanskrit/attachments/20100525/ad2ce752/attachment-0001.html
 

------------------------------

Message: 5
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 18:08:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: Krishnamachary <vedantham_kris...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Sanskrit] Font for displaying in Sanskrit
To: Sanskrit Mailing List <sanskrit@cs.utah.edu>
Message-ID: <862178.22526...@web35502.mail.mud.yahoo.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

Namo namah
Whatever transliteration tool we are using.we are not able to avoid this copy 
and paste to put it on mail page or any aother instruement.I mean we are unable 
to script it direct in a desired page.If some solution is found it would be a 
boon


Mr.V.Krishnamachary
Retired Civil Engineer
Samskrutha Abhimaani
Email: vedantham_kris...@yahoo.com


--- On Tue, 5/25/10, Ramakrishna Upadrasta <uramakris...@gmail.com> wrote:


From: Ramakrishna Upadrasta <uramakris...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Sanskrit] Font for displaying in Sanskrit
To: "Sanskrit Mailing List" <sanskrit@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 3:46 PM


namaste,


I found the following transliterate tool quite useful.


http://www.ibiblio.org/sanskrit/tools/sanscript


namaste
Ramakrishna





2010/5/25 Ajit Krishnan <ajit.krish...@gmail.com>

namaste,



> Google transliterate tool is much more versatile


-----Inline Attachment Follows-----


_______________________________________________
To UNSUBSCRIBE or customize your subscription or topics of interest, visit
http://mailman.cs.utah.edu/mailman/options/sanskrit
and follow instructions.



      
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: 
http://mailman.cs.utah.edu/pipermail/sanskrit/attachments/20100525/1d47bc0e/attachment-0001.html
 

------------------------------

Message: 6
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 02:48:05 -0400
From: "S. L. Abhyankar" <sl.abhyan...@gmail.com>
Subject: [Sanskrit] of "sidhyanti" and "siddhyanti"
To: sanskrit@cs.utah.edu
Message-ID:
        <aanlktikmdq8gp6j2ymgvv6p2a75twng0zxiuwgjgq...@mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

???
I have been mutely following all the discussion about "sidhyanti" ?????????
and "siddhyanti" ??????????? .

What conclusion emerges in my mind is to start from the basics, i.e. to
consider what happened first - whether the pronunciation happened first or
writing happened first. The answer is obvious and known to everybody - the
pronunciation happened first.

Since all the basis of ???????? script is to satisfy and represent the
pronunciation as properly as possible, all my efforts at pronouncing
????????? convince me that I can pronounce it only as ??????????? Only then,
the rhythm of the meter also gets pronounced properly.

It is also my hypothesis that no law of writing ???????? - whether
Bartholomae's or even of ?????? can be beyond or offensive to proper
representation of the sound. In fact what writing will represent the sound
most truthfully becomes the acid test to say whether the writing is correct
or not. And I am convinced that ??????????? represents the sound most
properly.

I also did little experimentation at pronouncing ????? ??????? ???????  and
???????????. I notice that I can pronounce the first two fairly okay, the
third one only with some compromise. But the last one demands the ??????? to
be ?? ? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ? Hence I am convinced that writing it as ???????????
is correct. This way, i.e. by ??????? as ?? ? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?  there would be
no compromise needed even for the third one viz. ???????. So better to write
this one also as ?????????  I notice that it is the ??, which
demands ?? also.

May I appeal that let the discussion close here !

????????? for all the great inputs !

???????? ,
?????????????????? ???????? |
???????? ?????? ????????? ?

>
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: Naresh Cuntoor <nares...@gmail.com>
> To: Sanskrit Mailing List <sanskrit@cs.utah.edu>
> Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 08:24:25 -0400
> Subject: Re: [Sanskrit] siddhyanti is fine
> Looking at similar dhaatus - krudha, shudha and then ShiDhu -
> Brhihadhatu. gives the typical forms as:
> krudha  (kope)- krudhyati
> shudha (shauche) - shudhyati
>
> For ShiDhu, it gives both sidhyati and siddhyati.
>
>
> anachi cha (and jhalaam jash jashi ) would give siddhyati ,
> kruddhyati, shuddhyati, correct? (I am just retracing the
> suddhyupaasya example in yaN).
>
> I have seen both kruddhyati and krudhyati being used.
>
> Regarding Barthalomae's law - how does it map in terms of pratyaahaaras?
>
> Naresh
> vaak.wordpress.com
>
>
>
> On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 8:14 PM, Jay Vaidya <deejayvai...@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> > But my position has nothing to do with weak-strong verb/substantive or
> > whatever.
> >
> > anachi cha 8.4.47
> > describes optional ("preferable") duplication.
> > sidhyanti/siddhyanti are optional forms.
> >
> > As far as we know, pANini had a wide knowledge of the optional forms of
> > pronunciation at his time. And options obviously negate the existence of
> > infallible laws regarding that particular word.
> >
> > But I add my curiosity regarding this "strong degree/weak degree
> > Bartholomae's Law" notion. Apparently Bartholomae's law is:
> > "It states that in a cluster of two or more obstruents (stops or the
> > sibilant s), any one of which is a voiced aspirate anywhere in the
> sequence,
> > the whole cluster becomes voiced and aspirated."
> > What does this have to do with duplication?
> >
> > Dhananjay
> >
> > Message: 2
> > From: Naresh Cuntoor <nares...@gmail.com>
> > Subject: Re: [Sanskrit] Learning Sanskrit by a fresh approach - Lesson
> >     4
> >
> > On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 5:32 PM, Piergiorgio Muzi
> > <glob...@comm2000.it>wrote:
> >
> >>  Sorry, sidhyanti (not siddhyanti), week degree of the root is sidh-.
> >> siddh- is only for past participle, siddha (< sidh-ta) and for
> substantive
> >> siddhi (< sidh-ti). The same as budhyate, but buddha, buddhi...(it is so
> >> called Bartholomae's law).
> >> Thanks, regards,
> >> Piergiorgio
> >>
> >>
> >>
> > Clearly, in the subhashita quoted, siddhyanti is used as a verb. (I don't
> > know what a "week (or weak) degree" of a verb is. Could you please
> > elaborate?)
> >
> > The dhaatu is Shidhu (????) ..
> >
> > Another example:,
> > yatne kRute yadi na siddhyati ko&tra doShaH
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: 
http://mailman.cs.utah.edu/pipermail/sanskrit/attachments/20100526/6e6fe0cf/attachment-0001.html
 

------------------------------

Message: 7
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 05:37:45 -0700
From: Mukesh Goel <muk...@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Sanskrit] Font for displaying in Sanskrit
To: <sanskrit@cs.utah.edu>
Message-ID: <snt134-w50ac7b22ba878e00301c04c2...@phx.gbl>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"


It works quite well. After the tool types ????? , you can again click on the 
word and it shows a number of auggestions ND ONE OF THEM IS ??????  

 

Thanks

Mukesh
 


Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 13:20:28 -0700
From: ajit.krish...@gmail.com
To: sanskrit@cs.utah.edu
Subject: Re: [Sanskrit] Font for displaying in Sanskrit

namaste,


> Google transliterate tool is much more versatile


Are you referring to the Google IME? It is very nice, but there is one problem 
that prevents me from using it at all. It doesn't allow me to enter words that 
are not found in its dictionary. If you have found a way around this, can you 
please share the details?


As an example, try typing "patram" without an anusvAra. 




bhavadiiyaH,


       ajit



On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 12:49 PM, Krishnamachary <vedantham_kris...@yahoo.com> 
wrote:





Google transliterate tool is much more versatile and could be used for almost 
all Indian languages..You can place it as a tool in Yahoo mail page also.It can 
be easily picked up from google search engine


Mr.V.Krishnamachary
Retired Civil Engineer
Samskrutha Abhimaani
Email: vedantham_kris...@yahoo.com


--- On Tue, 5/25/10, kamalesh pathak <kamleshsomn...@gmail.com> wrote:


From: kamalesh pathak <kamleshsomn...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Sanskrit] Font for displaying in Sanskrit
To: "Sanskrit Mailing List" <sanskrit@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 7:07 AM






sri Abhyankar mahodayah

krupayaa pratyuttaram maam prayachhchha ;
kah web address Barah pad download karaNAy?
( i want to download barah pad from net please send me web address )
namaskAra pUrvaka 
jayatu somanaath mahAdevAy namah
truly with regards,

kamalesh pathak from Somnath

On 24 May 2010 00:20, S. L. Abhyankar <sl.abhyan...@gmail.com> wrote:


Dear Mr. T. N. Ahuja,

I have found BARAHA pad very user-friendly. There is a Language button on the 
main menu. You can activate Sanskrit or any of the other Indian languages. You 
can switch between languages also. 


You type the English spelling and the "pad" converts into activated script 
automatically. For special characters, you can get guidance from the "Help" 
button.


BARAHA pad can be downloaded free. Being a UNICODE font, it can be 
"copy-pasted"d into emails. 


But there is no Mac version. You will need a windows VMWare on Mac.


Hope, this helps.


???????? ,
?????????????????? ???????? |
???????? ?????? ????????? ?





2010/5/23 <sanskrit-requ...@cs.utah.edu>


Today's Topics:

  1. Re: sanskrit Digest, Vol 61, Issue 10 (T N Ahuja)
  2. Re: Learning Sanskrit by a fresh approach - Lesson 4
     (Naresh Cuntoor)
  3. Re: Learning Sanskrit: a fresh approach (Shrinivas Tilak)
  4. Re: A good charming list of some 115 idioms,      phrases and
     proverbs in Sanskrit (sudhindra gargesa)


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: T N Ahuja <tnah...@yahoo.co.uk>
To: sanskrit@cs.utah.edu
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 16:20:12 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: [Sanskrit] sanskrit Digest, Vol 61, Issue 10



Could you please let me know the font used to display sanskrit quotes in your 
emails
Regards
 Triloki N. AHUJA
e-mail: tnah...@yahoo.co.uk 





_______________________________________________
To UNSUBSCRIBE or customize your subscription or topics of interest, visit
http://mailman.cs.utah.edu/mailman/options/sanskrit
and follow instructions.



-----Inline Attachment Follows-----



_______________________________________________
To UNSUBSCRIBE or customize your subscription or topics of interest, visit
http://mailman.cs.utah.edu/mailman/options/sanskrit
and follow instructions.


_______________________________________________
To UNSUBSCRIBE or customize your subscription or topics of interest, visit
http://mailman.cs.utah.edu/mailman/options/sanskrit
and follow instructions.


                                          
_________________________________________________________________
The New Busy is not the too busy. Combine all your e-mail accounts with Hotmail.
http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?tile=multiaccount&ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_4
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: 
http://mailman.cs.utah.edu/pipermail/sanskrit/attachments/20100526/5b550956/attachment.html
 

------------------------------

_______________________________________________
To UNSUBSCRIBE or customize your subscription and email delivery, visit
http://mailman.cs.utah.edu/mailman/options/sanskrit
and follow instructions.

End of sanskrit Digest, Vol 61, Issue 17
****************************************

Reply via email to