*Hi                         *

*Please lookup the below position and if you feel comfortable ,then please
send me your updated resume*

*Position  : Java Developer with SCALA Exp.            *

*Location : Horsham, PA*

* possible extension *

*Duration : 6+ Months Phone/Skype then Face to Face*

*USC/GC Only*

******Per HM – Must have JAVA, must has SCALA – if no SCALA then must have
other functional programming language expertise (recent) as well as
experience working with Open Source product and this must be clearly
defined within the resume. *************

*Job Description*

·         We are looking for functional programming language enthusiasts to
work on a high-reliability industrial cable control system. This is a
coding intensive job requiring knowledge of a wide range of programming
paradigms.

·         Extensive knowledge of Java with demonstrable skills in one of
the functional programming languages such as Scala, F#, Erlang, Self,
Scheme, OCaml, Haskell, Clojure is a requirement.

·         If you are a die-hard technology enthusiast, who craves a
challenge and think you have what it takes to be part of an agile
multidisciplinary team, then we would like to talk to you.

·         We use agile development techniques such as test-driven
development, pair-programming, continuous build and automated testing,
adapting these to our needs as necessary at regularly held retrospectives
involving developers, operators, support staff, and product owners.

·         We are committed to on-going training. We expect our developers
to develop rapidly, deploy new code regularly, test constantly, and help us
continuously to improve our development processes.

·         We keep our teams small and filled with smart people, who work
interactively with our customers and with our internal business analysts.

* Job Skills*

   - Computer Science (or related technical field) degree or equivalent
   professional experience
   - Expertise in Java
   - The ability to learn quickly with enthusiasm
   - The ability to work independently and lead design/architecture of new
   features
   - Working experience with *Scala *and/or other functional languages such
   as F#, OCaml, Haskell,  etc.
   - The ability to unit test code by writing automated tests
   - Use of and interest in open-source products
   - Willingness to work in an agile environment

*Nice to Have*

   - Scala/Scalaz
   - OSGi
   - Flex / HTML5
   - Cloud Computing (Docker, Vagrant, Elastic Search, etc.)
   - Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming
   - Strong experience with multi-threaded applications development
   - Experience / interest in the cable industry
   - Open-source contributor
   - Experience using Git in a multi-developer environment.

*Soft skills:*

   - Be proactive instead of reactive in identifying concerns or issues
   that may affect product quality or customer expectations.
   - Maintain a sense of urgency in your tasks.
   - Challenge yourself.
   - Take ownership and understand how your tasks contribute to the overall
   product.
   - Champion change by promoting, helping to train and implementing
   improvements
   - Continuous update of skill set by researching current technologies
   through training, blogs and user forums.

*Type of Assignment: *Contract, initially through end of year but tenure of
2-3 years is expected.

*Regards , *

*Pawan *

*Technical Recruiter *