Hi,

Hope you are doing well!

Title: Lead SQL DBA / Manager

Duration:       6 month Contract

Location:       Las Vegas, NV

Please remember that this is a Manager role.  So leadership experience must
be easily visible on the resume.

Job Responsibilities:

Responsible for day to day management of the DBA team. The DBA manager will
also continue to take a hands on role to design, implement and maintain all
functions of database systems.  Mon-Fri 8-5 with on-call responsibilities.

• Plan, organize and lead DBA team on MS SQL Server, Sybase ASE, and Oracle
platforms.

• Uphold enterprise policy guidelines and implement new/improved guidelines
for the DBA team.

• Partner with project teams and interact with developers and customers to
find solutions for projects and operational issues for existing and
proposed databases.

• Act as liaison serving as primary point of contact between application
business segments and database administrators.

• Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues,
performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues,
log shipping issues, connectivity issues, and security issues.

• Experience in Performance Tuning using platform specific tools.

• Ability to detect and troubleshoot database server related CPU, memory,
I/O, disk space and other resource contention.

• Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, database storage
operations, Clustering, Database mirroring, Replication.

• Expert experience in implementing operational automation.

• Strong knowledge of how indexes, index management, integrity checks,
configuration, patching. how indexes are stored, how they can be created
and managed effectively.

• SQL Development - ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design (
stored procs, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints )

• Solid acquaintance with windows and unix server, security delegation,
storage components.

• Documentation skills for processes and procedures ( creating KBs,
runbooks, topology etc )

• Responsible to document, implement, and execute disaster recovery plans
as needed.

Qualifications:

• 3+ years equivalent experience managing a DBA team, demonstrating
advanced level of understanding and application of database concepts and
their integration with business problem solving skills

• 7+ years experience as DBA on one or more database platform (MS SQL,
Oracle, or Sybase ASE)

• Relevant Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.

• Contractor would lead a team of 5 DBAs so must have prior experience
leading a team

*Thanks & Regards,*

*Abid Hassan*

| Fax:  (408) 273 - 6002

Thanks and Regards,

*E-mail: *a...@allianceit.com <ut...@allianceit.com> |*Website*:
http://www.allianceit.com

*Note:** We respect your online privacy. This is not an unsolicited mail.
Under Bills 1618 Title III passed by the 105th US Congress this mail cannot
be considered spam as long as we include Contact information and a method
to be removed from our mailing list. If you are not interested in receiving
our e- mails then please reply with a "Remove" in the subject line and
mention all the e-mail addresses to be removed with any e-mail addresses,
which might be diverting the e-mails to you. I am sorry for the
inconvenience if any caused to you.*