iSeries RPG Developer
6+ Months (Up to 2 Years) Contract
*iSeries RPG Developer*
Duration: 6+ months (up to 2 years)
Location: Vernon Hills or Riverside location
**Must have Synon experience. *
The Senior Application Developer iSeries supports business process through
technology solutions. The purpose of the role is to develop business
software solutions for complex and large scale projects through object and
data modeling, database design, programming, quality assurance, and
implementation support. The Senior Application Developer iSeries
participates in application standards development and serves as an
evangelist for best practices in development.
- 7 years in application development
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent working experience
*Skills and Competencies:*
- Strong knowledge of financials
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and coach others.
- Working knowledge in the appropriate technical language as aligned under
required qualifications below.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and articulate details and impacts of
complex proposed software solutions.
- Proven knowledge in all stages of the software development life cycle.
- History of working independently with little direction.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with critical attention to
detail and creative problem solving skills.
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the
ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to
effectively communicate with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Demonstrated proficiency in iSeries technical standards
- Experience with RPG programming techniques
- Experience with OS/400, DB2/400, RPG (RPG/400, RPGIV, ILE), CL,
Advantage:2E, SQL or other query utilities, source/object control tools
such as Implementer
- Experience with development tools such as IBM System i Navigator, IBM
Rational Developer for i, and Fresche Legacy/Databorough X-Analysis.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing system applications to coding standards and quality.
- Collaborate with business teams to clarify requirements and business
- Technically manage complex and large scale project efforts in
development, maintenance and enhancements of business system applications.
- Collaborate with other developers and architects (when appropriate) to
determine optimal solution architecture, efficiency, maintainability, and
- Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made
to stakeholders and management.
- Develop high-level system narratives, storyboards, and user interface
- Develop system test plans, ensure software quality assurance (SQA)
standards are achieved, and validate that business goals are accomplished.
- Proactively updated stakeholders and maintain open and courteous
- Report project/task status to the appropriate Application Development
Manager on a weekly basis.
- Travel between local facilities may be necessary.
- Mentor and coach junior team members.
Sam Williams - Recruiting Manager
Direct : 646-499-5264|| Fax : Fax 312.582.2699
116 Village Blvd, Suite 200 - Princeton, NJ 08540
swilli...@itbtalent.com || swilli...@itbrainiac.com
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SAP
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/sap-basis.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.