*Title: Spark Developer*

*Location: Cincinnati OH*

*Project:*

We are making good progress on the POS Host Replacement project and we are
ready to add two developers to our first Agile team.  These developers will
fully staff this team and will allow us to really start developing code.

*Project Name:  POS Host Replacement*

·         Purpose:  Replace the outdated POS Host application

·         Timeframe needed:  ASAP

·         We are making progress on the architecture piece of the project
and now really need to start staffing up the development team.

*Spark/Scala Developer – POS Host Replacement*

This position involves performing custom development using Spark/Scala
throughout the entire project life cycle.  Scala developers are capable of
full cycle project leadership including application architecture, design
input, and database design/programming. The right individual for this role
will be a motivated and energetic developer who takes initiative, enjoys
finding solutions to a varying number of challenges, is detail-oriented,
takes extreme pride in their work, and is highly collaborative.

*RESPONSIBILITIES:*

·         Participate in the design and implementation of a large and
architecturally significant application

·         Communicate effectively with both business and technical audiences

·         Champion company standards and best practices

·         Build partnerships across application, business and
infrastructure teams

·         Document designs and specifications

·         Implement solutions that can solve common problems

·         Research relevant technology trends and recognize trends that are
relevant to the retail industry

·         Work to continuously improve web development processes and
practices

*REQUIREMENTS:*

·         Extensive knowledge of Scala/Java development.

·         Experience with Spark/Hbase SQL on an Agile project.

·         A solid understanding of web application development processes,
from the layout/user interface to relational database structures.

·         Strong organization skills to manage multiple timelines and
complete tasks quickly within the constraints of clients’ timelines and
budgets.

·         Ability to quickly learn and apply new skills.

·         Degree in Computer Science or related field.

--

*Regards*

*Harry Singh*

*Technical Recruiter*