This is Prasad from Softtrans Inc., We have an urgent position open
DBA* position at *MD*.**
Reply to pras...@softtrans.net or prasadg.softtr...@gmail.com**
*Title: Application DBA*
*Location: Rockville, MD*
*Job Description: *
The Application DBA will work on small to medium size projects in the Market
Regulation space for FINRA. The types of projects they will work on are a
mix of system maintenance, new development, and enhancement type projects.
*Primary Responsibilities: *
- Develops and maintains database designs, meta data and data
- Reviews and revises database designs and scripts on an ongoing basis.
- Devises ER diagrams and identifies unique foreign keys, attributes,
relationships between data tables and supporting business rules.
- Manages data loads, security of confidential PII data, performance
improvement strategies and implementations.
*Experience with Oracle and the following activities are required: -*
- Managing development database environments Writing build/maintenance
scripts that allow databases and their corresponding objects to be
created/modified in different environments
- Excellent knowledge of data warehouse architectures, concepts and
- Excellent ETL knowledge and experience
- Expert in designing and developing complicated ETL mappings
- Providing schema creation for new development activities
- Creating primary database storage structures (table spaces)
- Creating primary objects (tables, views, indexes)
- In depth understanding in data modeling, entity-relationship modeling
- Installing, configuring, troubleshooting and maintaining Oracle DBMS
development, QC and Prod environments
- Monitoring and optimizing system performance using index tuning, disk
optimization, and other methods
- Making tuning recommendations to developers related to PL/SQL,
assisting them on expensive queries
- Providing backup and restore functions
- Managing patch requests and code migration from one Oracle
instance/version to another
- Development of policy and procedures as they relate to database
maintenance, security and archiving
- Working Knowledge of Windows and Unix environments
- Excellent understanding of PL/SQL programming is essential.
- Experience working with Large databases
*Technical Skills Required: *
- Minimum of 10 years of development experience
- Minimum of 5 years of as an Oracle Application Database Administrator
- Oracle certified Application database administrator would be preferred.
- Experience in the financial domain is an added advantage
*Functional Skills Required:*
- Ability to work within a team environment and handle multiple projects
- Excellent problem identification, analysis and solving skills
- Strong communication skills
Software Transformations Inc.
3245, Main Street Suite 235 326,FRISCO, TX 75034
Tel: (732) 218-7554 Fax: Fax: (732)909-2223
Email: pras...@softtrans.net | prasadg.softtr...@gmail.com
gTalk:prasadg.softtr...@gmail.com <gtalk%3aprasadg.softtr...@gmail.com> |
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SAP
or Oracle Financials" group.
To post to this group, send email to sap-or-oracle-financi...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at