*Please lookup the below position and if you feel comfortable ,then please
send me your updated resume*
*Position : **Oracle Apps DBA *
*Location : NYC , NY*
*Duration : 6+ Months *
*Phone then Face to Face *
* Must Have *
· 5+ years of experience in administering databases on Unix
based platforms, with at least 3 years of experience in supporting ERP
applications such as e-business suite or applications such as GRC or
Revenue & Billing is required.
· 3+ years experience in Oracle RDBMS with 3 years experience
in using RAC preferably in an Oracle Exadata environment.
· Any experience with MPP platforms such as Netezza,
Greenplum will be a plus.
· Any experience with NoSQL databases will be an asset.
· Prior 3+ years of production experience with some
programming languages such Java/C++ or Perl or shell or PL/SQL programming
experience is required.
· A good hands-on knowledge of linux / unix operating systems
· The person must be able to communicate effectively and be
able to maintain good relations with users, developers, computer operations
and other technology teams.
· The senior database administrator is responsible for design,
test, implement, maintain and control the organization's databases across
multiple platforms, technologies (e.g., physical, relational and object
oriented) and computing environments (e.g., host based, distributed
systems, client server).
· The responsibility is also to provide technical guidance to less
experienced database administrators in their assigned duties.
· Ability to apply comprehensive functional and technical knowledge
in a team setting for problem resolution, design and engineering decisions
and system architecture planning is key.
*Primary responsibilities of this role may
· Prior experience of working with databases in high transaction
environments; For data warehousing, large (50TB+) data warehouses on Oracle
10g RAC or 11g RAC and MPP
· Prior experience in Financial
· Design, architect, plan database solutions to meet the business
· Applies comprehensive business processes, application design and
functional knowledge in problem resolution.
· Lead and contribute to the development of new methods,
procedures, processes or systems and understand the impact of these
· Responsible for decisions impacting a team and may provide input
into the decision making process for larger
· Proposes and defines solutions and standards which may impact a
team or the organization.
· Develops and maintains environmental standards and ensures
adherence to those standards by the administration and development
· Designs and implements disaster recovery solutions for critical
· Provides leadership and expertise in investigation and resolution
of performance related issues for warehousing and trading system
environments. Design major reconstructions of database structures to ensure
appropriate levels of performance, data integrity, recovery and
· Assist in planning, organizing and controlling database
administration activities and in the development of the overall project
plans and timetables.
Provide technical expertise to client and other data processing management
· Assist in providing technical guidance, support and training to
the database administration staff and provides evaluation on their
technical proficiency to
· Write clear and concise status reports, memos, and miscellaneous
items such as test results, problem resolutions, etc. Write detailed
· Facilitate discussion of technical issues. Conduct basic
negotiations with other departments to achieve project/product
· Monitor and analyze system performance (e.g., stress volume),
perform cost analysis for users, perform systems testing, performance and
tuning. Notify management of findings, and recommend
· Evaluate and recommend major new database software
· Develop and implement standards, procedures, and policies
regarding software and applications databases (including naming, migration,
backup, recovery, and
· Provide support in the logical and physical design of databases
in coordination with application development. Participate in project
management tracking on cross-functional
· Read professional literature in order to investigate new tools,
technologies, methods, techniques etc. to determine their functionality in
· Experience in multiple operating system environments particularly
· Implements improvements to process and code used for automating
maintenance and operational tasks in various systems including critical
trading systems, warehousing systems and other OLTP systems, using
programming languages such as PL/SQL, PERL, shell or
· Leverage in-depth knowledge of database clustering technologies
to design and administer several clustered warehousing and transactional
· Provide Production & Development Database Administration (DBA)
support for Oracle.
*Key database administration responsibilities:*
· Installing & upgrading database software and resolving database
o Performing evaluations of potential tools & utilities.
o Automating database tasks via scripting or through the use of tools
o Updating, migrating, and refreshing database environments.
o Configuring monitoring and proactively reviewing statistics for errors,
capacity and performance issues.
o Tuning and troubleshooting software & database performance issues.
o Ensuring database recoverability within the constraints of any
application, project and other requirements.
o Oversight for creation, maintenance, and testing of database
infrastructure processes and technologies deployed in the
o Take a lead role as appropriate in procedural development for both
disaster recovery and operational Readiness
· Prior experience or exposure to application design/data modeling
is highly desired
VSG Business Solutions
Phone: 302-261-3207 x 102
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SAP
or Oracle Financials" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/sap-or-oracle-financials.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.