Net/ SQL Server Support Engineer
Location- Midtown NYC
Duration-- long term- 4 years+
All candidates must be authorized to work for any employer without
*Please see vendor comments before submitting candidates.*
Position: Application Support Engineer (Level 2)
*Description / Experience*
This full-time resource will be responsible for providing onsite Level 2
Application Support and rotating off-hours support for a large,
mission-critical IT project in NYC. The Application Support Engineer works
closely with the project development and QA teams. Additionally requires
co-ordination with other technical teams such as infrastructure,
networking, helpdesk, and security.
*Personal Skills Required*
- Self-starter – ability to recognize what needs to be done for team
objectives and work independently towards these goals, asking for help as
- Maintain professionalism in a high stress environment.
- Good communication and critical-thinking skills, combined with plain
common-sense! This person needs to work with teams of differing technical
and non-technical backgrounds and facilitate resolution of complex issues.
- Able to multi-task effectively.
*Technical Skills/Knowledge Required (minimum of 3 years relevant hands-on
- Knowledge of a SQL Server 2008 / 2012 including the ability to write
complex SQL queries and troubleshoot issues. Service Broker / Queuing
technology experience also desirable.
- Experience working with distributed .NET/C# server and web applications
- Experience with Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Knowledge of web server technologies including IIS
- Experience with application trouble-shooting and related tools (e.g.
Given that the team has a broad range of responsibilities, it would be
helpful for candidates to have experience in some of the following:
- Environment management – experience with build / configuration /
deployment processes a plus
- SCOM (2007 or 2012)
- SSIS and SSRS
- Windows mobile (tablet + phone) application support
An ideal candidate will have three (3) or more years providing technical,
hands-on support and possess a BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience.
This Candidate must be very polished and have excellent communication
skills as they will be working directly with many top notch consultants.
This position is located in Midtown, Manhattan.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SAP
or Oracle Financials" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/sap-or-oracle-financials.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.