Please go through the below mentioned urgent requirement and let me know if
you have someone suitable for the same.
Kindly provide consultant's availability along with their rate confirmation.
Cognos Planning and Administrator
Location : Burbank, CA.
Experience Level - 10+ Years
Duration - 3-6+ Months
Rate - Open
Must Have Skills:
1. Expert in Cognos Planning 8.3 and Administration
2. Unix scripting and Batch scripting
3. Database: DB2
4. Good communication skills
Working knowledge of Service Center and JIRA.
Job Roles / Responsibilities:
Senior resource would also provide architecture recommendations apart from
performing the below mentioned support activities.
Level 1 Support activities related to Cognos Planning.
Activities at the start of new project
1. Configuration of libraries
2. Application Creation
3. Security Implementation
1. Environment monitoring
2. Incident handling and resolution through Service Center
3. Task handling through JIRA
4. Coordination with Cognos support team in case of in built issue with
Cognos and coordinate on patch deployment. The typical process for Cognos
patch/hot fix deployment is as below.
A. Based on the ticket, if issue is identified as defect in Cognos
Product, then support team coordinates with Cognos support and gets the hot
B. There are in all 4 environments San Box, Dev, QA and Prod. San
Box is accessed only by support team to test the patch or hot fix. Once
verified, Support team coordinates with individual segment teams and deploys
the patch in other environment i.e. Dev , QA and Prod.
5. Perform Gate Review while deployment of code from Dev to QA
6. Perform Gare Review while deployment of code from QA to Prod.
7. First time deployment from Dev to QA. Subsequent deployments are handled
by Development teams
8. In case the model gets corrupt, then support team coordinates with the
backup and restore team who takes back up on regular basis. Coordination is
to restore working version of the backup.
2 N. Market St., Suite # 400, San Jose, CA -95113
PH - 408-239-4647
FAX - 408.521.0167
Email - n...@e-solutionsinc.com
"P Please consider the environment before printing this email."
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SAP
or Oracle Financials" group.
To post to this group, send email to sap-or-oracle-financi...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at