*Position: Database Administrator*
*Location: MADISON, Wisconsin*
*Duration: 1+ Year*
- Coordinates physical changes to computer databases; codes, tests, and
implements physical database, applying knowledge of data base management
- Designs logical and physical databases reviews description of changes
to database design to understand how changes to be made affect physical data
base (how data is stored in terms of physical characteristics, such as
location, amount of space, and access method).
- Establishes physical database parameters.
- Codes database descriptions and specifies identifiers of database to
database management system or directs others in coding database
- Calculates optimum values for database parameters, such as amount of
computer memory to be used by database, following manuals and using
- Specifies user access level for each segment of one or more data items,
such as insert, replace, retrieve, or delete data.
- Specifies which users can access data bases and what data can be
accessed by user.
- Tests and corrects errors, and refines changes to database.
- Enters codes to create production data base.
- Selects and enters codes of utility program to monitor database
performance, such as distribution of records and amount of available memory.
Directs programmers and analysts to make changes to data base management
- Reviews and corrects programs.
- Answers user questions.
- Confers with coworkers to determine impact of data base changes on
other systems and staff cost for making changes to data base.
- Modifies data base programs to increase processing performance,
referred to as performance tuning. Workers typically specialize in one or
more types of data base management systems.
- May train users.
Database Administrator capabilities with 8 or more years of experience,
relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals,
independently performs a variety of complicated tasks, a wide degree of
creativity and latitude is expected.
SQL Server 2005 * 4+ Yrs.
Information Technology - Databases
MS SQL Server Enterprise Mgr. 5+ Yrs.
*SQL 2008 * *1+ Yrs.
SQL Client tools 5+ Yrs.
SQL Server 2000 * 5+ Yrs.
Information Technology - Languages/Tools
*SQL - DTS *5+ Yrs.
*Allen |Resource Manager| ProSoft CyberWorld Group,
*| Phone 630 371 0530 Ext 142|*
*|Fax 630.390-2400 |2001 Butterfield Rd, Suite 305, Downers Grove,
IL, 60515. |
*SAP Services Partner|SAP Gold Partner|**SAP-XI** Strategic Delivery Partner
for major accounts *
*Focused on Total Business Integration, CRM & SRM Solutions *
*IBM WebSphere Integration Specialist | EAI Consolidation Strategists*
*CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE*: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential
and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SAP
or Oracle Financials" group.
To post to this group, send email to sap-or-oracle-financi...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at