*Title:* Unix/Linux Architect
*Location:* Pleasanton, CA
*Duration:* 1 year+
This position will act as a primary technical principal and is
responsible for delivery and support of Linux/Unix solutions at an
enterprise level. Expertise in RHEL X64 technologies, HP-UX platform and
Data Center. Candidates for this position must be able to, from day 1,
roll up their sleeves and hit the ground running, and bring their
experience to the team to make the project deployments much smoother.
· Provide Senior Level Linux/Unix Systems Server systems setup,
administration, configurations, and automated implementations.
· Help support State Fund’s UNIX/LINUX environments services and
resources for optimal efficiency, functionality, security and management.
· Oversee planning, design, implementation, and operation of HP
Blade servers, infrastructure projects and participate in the specification
of business requirements and implementation plans.
· Evaluate, implement, and administer highly available
infrastructure for servers and web services. Provide operational support
and experience with managing the virtualized infrastructures.
· Participate in Capacity planning and Disaster Recovery
· Help define, improve promote architecture and standards based on
ITIL best practices
· Assist and support all Development and troubleshoot complex
· Provide on-site and remote technical assistance to other
resources and to customers
· Provide infrastructure design, implementation planning,
deployment support, software strategy, system troubleshooting, performance
engineering and optimization, maintenance strategy.
· Provide technical guidance, knowledge transfer and mentorship to
State Fund internal engineering peers as required and lead technical staff
· Drive requirements and technical due-diligence and infrastructure
· Secures server systems by establishing and enforcing policies;
defining and monitoring access.
· Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by
completing related results as needed.
· Acting as the primary infrastructure design, contact on projects-
Providing leadership, advice on Linux and UNIX based systems
- 10+ years related system engineering/Infrastructure and customer
- 5+ years’ experience in enterprise corporate infrastructure design,
implementation and troubleshooting,
- 5+ years with HP-UX 3.x.
- 5+ years with RHEL 5.x and 6.x
- 2+ years with both Storage Management NAS/SAN Arrays (NetApp, Hitachi,
- 2+ years supporting Datacenter co-located equipment.
- Extensive experience in supporting HP hardware rx2660, rx3600, rx6600,
rp7400, rx7640, C7000 (Blade enclosure), bl860c and bl870c i2
- Extensive experience with Installing, configuring and maintaining HP
servers ( Integrity, Blades, PA-RISC )
- Must have around 8+ years of Unix Experience with 5+ years of
demonstrated experience and proficiency in managing and maintaining
*HP-UX* (V11.x or later),
- Extensive experience with Unix Clustering, Ignite backup and server
virtualization on HP-UX systems.
- In-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix Operating systems
- Basic knowledge of Windows Active Directory 2003/2008, networking and
- Excellent customer interaction and written and verbal communication
*· **Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to apply them during
business impacting incidents.*
*· **Capable of mentor others and lead by example.*
· Project Management, Problem Solving, Expert Linux and UNIX
Performance Tuning, People Management.
*· **Good organizational skills and the ability the track and
prioritize several tasks*
*· **Excellent problem solving skills, along with the ability to
work independently, as well as part of a cross-functional team *
*· **Ability to work on complex problems where analysis of
situations or data requires in-depth evaluation of various factors*
*Qualifications and **Certifications**:*
*· **Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. Computer Science,
IT, or similar disciplines).*
· *Equivalent work experience implementing and operating enterprise
level data center and/or office networks.*
· RHCE/RHCSA and CSA HP-UX 11i certifications desired.
The Consultant resource(s) shall possess most of the following skills:
*· **Thorough understanding of Linux, including administration of
enterprise Servers and VMware servers*
*· **Strong knowledge of Linux/Windows Operating Systems*
*· **Experience with DNS, MAIL, LDAP,NIS services, and JBOSS,
Tomcat, Apache web servers*
*· **Familiar with HP Blade/Chassis systems.*
*· **Expert in command Linux, power tools, scripting skills (Perl,
UNIX shell scripting)*
*· **Configuration management and large scale deployment methods*
· *Solid understanding of data center related technology and
*Sr IT Recruiter*
*IDC Technologies, Inc. 1851 McCarthy Boulevard, Suite 116,Milpitas, CA,
*Phone: 408-418-5779 ext 252 |Fax: 408-608-6088 | *
*Email: **ma...@idctechnologies.com* <kara...@idctechnologies.com>*| Web: *
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SAP
or Oracle Financials" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/sap-or-oracle-financials.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.