*Job Title:* Data Analyst (with banking exp)
*Location:* Chicago, IL
*Duration:* 6 Months
*Interview:* Phone / F2F
The Data Analyst will be responsible for gathering relevant client data,
storing it, analyzing it, and developing/distributing a variety of reports
and decks for different audiences. These actions are in support of better
understanding and sizing of Private Bank client risk.
The Data Analyst will work closely with all areas of Private Bank
Management, GWM Product & Support, Private Bank Finance, and Global
Financial Crimes Compliance to establish report requirements, priorities,
deliverables, and timelines. You will also operate in a team environment
and often have interaction with various levels of PB employees.
Performs in one of the following sub-roles:
(1) Data Base Administrator: designs and configures databases, develops DB
implementation/upgrade plans, creates DB objects, builds
backup/recovery/load scripts, and can support development thru production.
(2) Data Administrator: creates and maintains logical and/or physical data
models, metadata respositories, and data catalogues. Maintains security
Role should include as its primary duty either:
(a) the exercise of discretion and independent judgment with respect to
matters of significance.
(b) Design work (Design means a tailored design in order to meet a specific
client request) or
(c) Programming (Programming means writing original programs using computer
code that is intended for use on a wide scale basis.)
Dependent on sub-role:
(1) Proficiency to install and configure a DBMS (distributed, midrange,
mainframe), create and maintain a database, objects, and
backup/recovery/load scripts. basic ability to perform capacity planning
and database tuning. Can proficiently troubleshoot basic problems.
(2) basic ability to perform data modeling and define data entities and
attributes. Can facilitate data requirements sessions for non-complex
applications. Has working knowledge of data modeling concepts and tools.
This position should typically be used for a mid-level, more seasoned,
fully proficient resource.
Your daily activities will include:
- Gather relevant data (from various sources of Bank product and KYC
systems), then analyze and report the data in a meaningful manner to
support management decisions related to client due diligence and risk
- Maintain existing tracking systems and take a lead in developing the
new generation of LOB client due diligence reporting.
- Develop executive level presentations, working with key contributors
to craft concise meaningful messages
- Prepare and distribute standard and ad-hoc reports and decks for
- Develop reports and metrics using a multitude of systems and sources,
which require expertise in data manipulation using database tools and
formatting in PowerPoint, Excel and Visio.
- Perform analytical functions that are directly related to the
day-to-day performance of the department's project and programs
- Provide support in resolving issues to enable the department to
achieve its client due diligence goals.
- Influence day to day activities of the department. Identify
opportunities for streamlining and automating reporting processes
- Monitor project and program progress and adjust priorities accordingly
- Resolve issues and conflicts with affected management, technology
peers, and business partners. Provide escalation to senior management when
- Since projects involve participation and impact multiple functions,
the Project Manager must develop working relationships with all teams
associated with data capture and analysis.
- Defines problems/needs and solutions involving substantial latitude in
courses of action
- 3+ years of combined project management, data capture, project status
reporting skills, and IT experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships and communicate status
with IT and Business partners, stakeholders and senior management
- Demonstrated ability to understand the scope of project status,
issues, risks across multiple project initiatives and platforms and
determine the key points that need to be communicated and acted upon
- Advanced skills with MS PowerPoint, MS Excel and MS Word
- Advanced skills in developing reports and presentations for large
audiences and senior management
- Intermediate skills with SharePoint and Database query tools
- Well-rounded knowledge of key software development arenas including
requirements definition, functional specifications, technical design,
development, test, build/deploy and systems engineering
- Works independently
- Statistical Analysis
- Analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Exposure to Data Warehouse technologies and projects
- College degree, specialized training or equivalent work experience
*Veterans Sourcing Group |1 Meridian Blvd, Wyomissing, PA*
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SAP
or Oracle Financials" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/sap-or-oracle-financials.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.