Phone and Skype
Job Title: Citrix Engineer
• The Citrix Engineer III will assist IT leaders and project
teams with technical support in the initiation and migration of
infrastructure to an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) provider.
• These activities include the definition of needs, benefits,
technical strategy, and virtual presentation of applications to a diverse
user population expected to grow in excess of ten-thousand users.
• A solid understanding of project life-cycle; technical
analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing
and rolling-out virtual solutions is required.
• Participation on projects is focused on enhancing the
transition of existing technologies to optimized, high availability
platforms in a centralized environment using state of the art technologies,
and industry best practices.
The Citrix Engineer will be part of the Data Center Operations Team
responsible for effective customer support, provisioning, installation,
configuration, operation, migration and maintenance of systems to support
virtualization. This individual will lead and enable continuing innovation
within the infrastructure ensuring that supporting hardware; operating
systems, software systems, and related policies and procedures comply with
and adhere to, highly available and redundant business critical systems
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Interface with all T-Systems and customer organizations to
understand the existing data center application support and technical
• Analyze existing data center technologies and processes
resulting in recommendations relative to the shared service model.
• Ability to act as a liaison between the User Support Team and
data center resources to troubleshoot and resolve escalated issues.
• Provide a roadmap and data center solutions to provide high
availability and redundancy within both the primary and backup data centers.
• Determine and fulfill the associated operational
requirements, contract services, technical architecture, costs and service
level requirements needed to support all business needs.
• Provide support and virtualized service solutions to a
private cloud within a fully redundant data center environment.
• Provide Citrix server and applications based solutions and
support for both the core data centers and distributed servers (local data
• Manage and deploy Citrix and VMware virtual desktop solutions
and research other future desktop alternatives.
• Develop and adhere to software and procedural standards in a
mixed operating system environment.
• Ensure compliance with various audit standards (ISO 27001,
• Designs, builds, socializes and manages to Service Level
Agreements (SLA’s) for all products offered and supported within the Data
• Manage costs against increased data center utilization and
seek methods to more efficiently deliver shared services.
• Act in concert with the other Data Center team members,
sharing and contributing ideas to other areas, and cross training peers.
• Available to participate in On-Call rotations to support
critical business systems as required.
• 6+ years managing enterprise class Citrix server and
• Heavy experience supporting and deploying Citrix XenApp 4.5
and 6.5 Published Applications and Published Desktops for data center
• Experience planning and executing datacenter consolidations,
relocations, and migrations.
• Experience with disaster recovery and disk based backup
• Experience developing and managing data center operations
procedures including asset management, change management, and incident
• Configuration of Citrix Netscaler load balancers, Resource
Manager, Secure Gateway, Stream Manager, web interface, Edgesite, and
management of Citrix user policies, file shares and print services.
• Experience with Citrix monitoring and capacity planning
tools, Windows 2003-2012 Server and Active Directory, Exchange Email
• Candidate must demonstrate extensive, proven hands-on
experience with design, engineering, performance optimization, deployment
and support in a multi-farm Citrix XenApp 4.5 and 6.5 environment on Intel
and VMWare platforms
• Active knowledge of backup, restore, and disaster recovery
practices for virtualized technologies.
• Experience with the performance monitoring tools and
• Knowledge of enterprise application hosting lifecycle
• Holistic understanding of the interdependencies of data
center functions and associated technologies.
• Experience in managing high level, high visibility projects
with vendors and customers.
• Windows 2003/2008/2012 and Active Directory DNS, DHCP, VPN,
IIS, Exchange Mail Platforms etc.).
• Extensive knowledge of all Microsoft applications (Office
Suite, Visio, Project, Outlook).
• Understanding of industry standard Antivirus Suites (Sophos).
• Knowledge of desktop application packaging and electronic
application deployment (SCCM).
• Experience with Cisco UCS Unified Fabric and FlexPod SAN
• Citrix, VMware, Microsoft and or Cisco professional
certifications strongly preferred.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or
10+ years equivalent experience is desired
*Sr IT Recruiter*
*IDC Technologies, Inc. 1851 McCarthy Boulevard, Suite 116,Milpitas, CA,
*Phone: 408-418-5779 ext 252 |Fax: 408-608-6088 | *
*Email: **ma...@idctechnologies.com* <kara...@idctechnologies.com>*| Web: *
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SAP
or Oracle Financials" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/sap-or-oracle-financials.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.