*Kindly let me know if you are comfortable on below position.*
*Position: Netapp Engineer*
*Location: Reston, VA*
*Duration: 6 month contract*
*Onsite interview after an initial phone screen. *
Comm skills are VERY important with this manager. See job description below
(candidates must have NetApp!).
The Cloud Services Infrastructure Engineering team is looking for a Storage
Engineer who is passionate about all aspects of the implementation and
deployment of modern storage infrastructure services in support of our
VMWare based hosting platform. In this role you will be working on
supporting storage needs supporting our infrastructure platform delivering
services for Blackboard’s educational products. An ideal candidate loves
to push the boundaries of existing technologies and is eager to work on
cutting edge solutions deployed at massive scale.
You will be at least involved in the following:
• Engineer automation and deployment tools for every part of
our storage systems
• Engage cool vendors to identify and test products and
technologies to help drive innovation into our infrastructure.
• Expand automation of our storage management leveraging NetApp
and jbods under all our platforms utilizing predominantly NFS and object
• Provide capacity planning, performance analysis, develop
disaster recovery plans, lead efforts towards storage consolidation and
identify storage growth, manage configurations of storage devices and
• Provide technical expertise, guidance and strategic
recommendations to develop a roadmap that ensures that the current and
planned technical solutions are compatible with the company's business
needs and strategic objectives.
• Be able to provide Capacity planning for Storage dynamic
expansion and Storage auto-provisioning experience with NetApp.
*WHAT WE WOULD LIKE TO SEE:*
• Have experience with cloud platforms (VMware, AWS,etc)
• Have experience automating things at scale.
• Have a solid understanding of operating systems, especially
Linux (Ubuntu, RedHat) and storage interacts with them.
• Ability to draw simple shapes on flat surfaces to illustrate
• Teach us something we don’t know.
• Be driven!
*THINGS WE WORK WITH:*
• RedHat, Ubuntu
• VMware vSphere, vSphere Web Services SDK, and vCloud Director.
• KVM, ESXi, Azure
• Bash (or similar), Perl, Python, Ruby
• REST APIs, JSON, and SOAP XML.
• NetApp 7mode and CDOT
• Git, Chef, Stash
• JIRA with Project Tracking and Code Integration
• Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL,
978-558-4666 x 103
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SAP
or Oracle Financials" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/sap-or-oracle-financials.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.