*Kindly let me know if you are comfortable on below position.*
*Position: Linux Administrator*
*Location: New York, NY(Local only)*
*Duration: 1 year contract (Initial Duration)*
*LOCAL CANDIDATES *
- Responsible for the server administration for all corporate and
resource servers and be responsible for ensuring the reliability of all
servers and related equipment.
- Perform daily maintenance and troubleshooting of servers, verify and
ensure tape backups are scheduled and successful on a daily basis.
- The analyst will work as a team member under guidance of the Team
Leader and work with other IT groups to determine a need for any server or
infrastructure upgrades and will participate in configuring, designing and
implementing such upgrades.
- Develop and maintain detailed server statistics with server monitoring
- Implement and track all servers moves, adds and changes at all server
sites in their assigned area.
- Responsible for new server technology support involving server
provisioning and server virtualization.
*The candidate will also be assigned projects to automate various manual
processes through scripting. Examples of daily tasks include, but are not
- UNIX/Linux systems administration
- Knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux versions 5.x, 6.x, 7.x
- Server builds and installation of post-OS required software
- Monitor server performance and availability.
- Good shell scripting skills with bash, ksh
- Patch servers and execute server checklists
- Experience using Netbackup for UNIX/Linux and Windows daily checklists
to make sure backups are complete, troubleshoot backups.
- Provide first-level and second level server troubleshooting and
- Install and move servers and storage equipment
- Experience using ESXi 5.0 and ESXi 6.0
- Interface with support vendors when required
*Skills & Requirements*
- Seeking highly motivated candidate who demonstrates a strong
commitment to customer service and possesses a strong technical
understanding and proficiency in hypervisor technology (VMware/HyperV),
Cisco UCS and IBM blade server technology, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux,
HPUX, and Solaris operating system administration.
- The ideal candidate must be well organized, detail-oriented, and
flexible to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- This individual must be able to exercise good judgment and render
sound business decisions. The applicant must possess strong oral and
written communication skills. High school diploma required with a minimum
of 4 years' experience in IT support or Bachelor's degree (preferably in
Information Technology) with a minimum of 2 years' experience in IT Support.
- The successful candidate must also possess strong technical knowledge
of various platforms and systems including but not limited to NetBackup,
vMotion, server builds, bash and ksh scripting, Linux, HPUX, and Solaris
patching, clustering, samba share permissions.
- Must have the ability to lift/transport all required server equipment
- Must be able to provide off-hour, on-call support for server and
storage related issues on a rotating basis that requires travel to various
supported server/location sites.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime and be flexible with work
hours to respond to emergencies or scheduled work that must be done either
prior to or after normal business hours.
- Must have the means and be able to travel to various Company
locations. Must have a valid driver's license.
- The following are not required for this position but would be
considered as a valuable asset in a potential candidate.
- *Red Hat certification, MS Office, VMware VCP certifications,
knowledge and experience with Network Attached Storage (NAS) storage,
ticketing systems, samba, Red Hat Satellite server, SharePoint, and Windows
skills are a plus. *
- *Candidates with ORACLE database/application experience are desired.*
978-558-4666 x 103
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SAP
or Oracle Financials" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/sap-or-oracle-financials.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.