*Kindly let me know if you are comfortable on below position.*
*Position: Network Engineer *
*Location: Germantown, MD*
*Duration: Long-term Contract only (1+ yrs) *
*Interviews: Phone + In Person (No Skype)*
*Visas: GC/ US / H1B *
The individual should have a solid understanding of network protocols and
the performance characteristics of broadband networks (certifications on
Cisco and/or other network routing equipment are desirable and should be at
a level comparable to a Principal Engineer). In addition, through
appropriate training, the individual should have the appropriate technical
background to be able to quickly come up to speed on managed services,
including the equipment, tools, and unique characteristics of such
services. The individual should then be able to apply his/her technical
background and experience, as well as the knowledge gained of services, in
order to be perform the following tasks, with little or no supervision:
1. Monitor and pro-actively act on anomalies of the customer’s
network. In addition, the individual will conduct traffic analyses to
determine trends that might suggest changes to bandwidth or equipment
2. Receive real-time alerts regarding any network-wide anomalies. Work
with operations personnel to resolve such anomalies, while keeping customer
apprised of status.
3. Monitor site outage reports to detect sites with chronic outage
problems. Work with Field Service to identify and resolve the problems at
such chronic sites.
4. Pro-actively monitor customer’s traffic to detect any sudden,
unexplained increase in traffic. Identify the IP addresses causing such
traffic anomalies and report results to customer.
5. Utilize a lab environment at customer’s location where customer’s
applications are run on a regular basis, response times are recorded, and
variances from baseline are detected. Isolate the cause of such variances.
If network related, identify and resolve the cause of these performance
6. Use Performance Models to run traces of new or modified customer
applications in order to predict the response time of such applications
under different transport assumptions.
- 12-15 years of experience
- BA/BS degree
- Good understanding of routing protocols (such as RIP, EIGRP, OSPF,
BGP etc,) and switch technologies (VLAN, VTP, DTP, STP etc.,)
- Good experience with Firewall technologies, IPSEC VPNs, GRE tunnels,
- Worked for a large, multi-site company with 1000’s plus of end-users.
- Experience in Designing & implementing scalable switched and
routed TCP/IP, LAN and WAN networks delivering high-end network
applications using Cisco, Juniper and Huawei networking equipment.
- Good experience with: Security design using firewall products from
Cisco PIX, ASA, Routers, Switches and Juniper Netscreen boxes.
- Need EXCELLENT communication skills and soft skills – personality;
978-558-4666 x 103
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SAP
or Oracle Financials" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/sap-or-oracle-financials.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.