*Profile: QA Automation Engineer*

*Location: Phoenix, AZ*

*Duration: Contract to hire 3 to 6 months*

*Must be US Citizen or Green Card holders*

Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:

   - Delivers and drives automation and test strategies
   - Focus on optimization and virtualization including developing strategy
   for automation and testing processes, tools and methodologies at the
   portfolio or for large/complex products
   - Accountable for all testing activities aligned to the portfolio
   - Typically align to senior technology management and partners with
   leaders to drive continuous improvements in operational quality and
   performance
   - Works with engineers to drive improvements in overall quality,
   automation and testing processes and techniques
   - Responsible for architecting portfolio solutions for Automation and
   Testing, working to existing standards or driving new ones
   - Drive innovation and manage product development needs within a fast
   paced, agile environment
   - Build a culture of continuous improvement and develop, reward and
   energize a competent, effective team within the technology organization
   - Engage in hands-on design and ensure alignment of strategy,
   architecture, tools/methods with software engineers and architects to
   execute product roadmaps
   - Collaborate with a wide variety to stakeholders within business and
   technology teams to drive change required to execute product roadmaps
   - Drive and deploy the CD/CI capabilities for the portfolio
   - Quality metrics to be gathered, collated and reported to management.
   - Identify patterns and opportunities from the metrics to drive
   innovation and improvement

Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the
successful completion of a background verification check, subject to
applicable laws and regulations.
Qualifications

   - Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other
   technical discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced
   degree preferred
   - 7+ years of experience in Technology, with an emphasis on QA, and
   proven ability in writing test cases, running functional, automated, or
   performance tests, and managing defects
   - Solid experience in test-driven development, unit testing, functional
   testing, system integration testing, regression testing, GUI testing, web
   service testing, and browser compatibility testing, Continuous Deployment
   and Continuous Integration technologies.
   - Proven experience in developing build verification testing (BVT)
   strategy and regression test suite to enable multiple deployments per day
   with automated testing
   - Experience with Agile tools and technologies (Scrum, Kanban, Rally,
   JIRA, Confluence)
   - Solid experience in automation technologies, tools, and frameworks:
   JUnit, TestNG, Selenium, LISA virtualization, LISA automation, SOAP UI,
   Cucumber
   - Experience with coding skills in Java/J2EE and scripting languages for
   automation
   - Experience with Web Services, REST, Cloud technologies, and CI/CD
   capabilities

Any of the following test certifications - QAI, ASQ, IIST, ISEB, ISTQB -
are a plus Global: This role may be subject to additional background
verification checks

Regardless of the role, anyone working within our Technology team is
considered an engineer and everyone follows the mantra of “I Write, I Test,
I Support” that means everyone here in our engineering team is responsible
for the thinking and implementing various aspects of quality and support
from the very beginning. If you are automation freak and feel uneasy about
manual tasks and testing, and you have this mindset of I3 (I Write, I Test,
I Support”, we are looking for you!This person would be responsible for
providing strategic guidance to development teams, driving quality
deliverables through automation including tools, process, measurement,
environment and data.

PLEASE NOTE FROM MANAGER: Potential candidates for this position must have
a HIGH LEVEL of Automation Experience and MUST have used AGILE in a few
projects. If they don't then please don't send.