*Title*: Linux Systems Engineer
*Location*: Silver Spring MD
*Duration*: 1 year
Linux Systems Engineer responsible for developing and executing deployment
packages for deploying, automating, monitoring and supporting
high-availability Linux-based servers and applications in cloud hosted
environments including Amazon Web Services. The system engineer is expected
to be highly skilled and knowledgeable in industry-standard tools,
architecting systems with automation for security, scalability,
reliability, and performance, requiring minimal work direction and provides
best practicing sharing within the work group. This includes system
administration, server patching, supporting upgrades and resolution of
production problems in a timely manner for operational systems.
Act as a liaison in meetings with vendors and development groups, bringing
an operational perspective to the SDLC and identifying operations
deliverable, dates and architecture changes as needed. Interact with
internal customers supporting external customers, corporate and vendor IT
staffs to provide world-class production support. Implement System
Monitoring to detect performance issues in virtual machines managed by
Cloud and Hosting Operations.
- Bachelors Degree (Information Technology or related is preferred but
not required) or 8+ years relevant and equivalent experience
- Minimum 5+ years experience deploying and supporting monitoring
solutions in co-located facilities, managed virtual, and/or in public and
- Minimum 5+ years experience supporting Linux based applications in
- Minimum 5+ years experience supporting Linux operating systems and
solutions using automation.
- Experience with PKI infrastructure and certificate management
- Ability to work after office hours as required for support and
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or Computer Science, or a Graduate
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- Experience with deployment using
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Puppet or similar tools
- virtual machine environments in cloud systems
*Advanced Experience with*
- Linux Server administration
- CentOS and Redhat Linux
- Linux systems that run MySQL
*Experience with automation related to*
- testing (Nunit/MSTest/Selenium)
- setup and maintenance of Linux servers and services, including
networking, credentialing, high availability, and load balancing solutions
- common development and system administration tools as Wireshark,
Fiddler, Sysinternals, SQL Tracing, etc.
- Experience with data formats like XML, XSL, JSON, REST APIs
- Understanding of provisioning and hypervisor platforms like VMWare
- Knowledge of high availability and disaster recovery methods for
complex applications deployed in multiple regions.
- Knowledge of all standard system administrator functions such as
server build outs, monitoring, patch/security updates (including
Microsoft), antivirus, backups, restores, asset management, 24X7 support,
pager duty, etc.
- Unwavering operational focus to provide excellent service to our
- Highly motivated team player who contributes to the operational
maturity of the team
- Creative problem solving skills that require minimum supervisory
- Documentation skills and use or tools like Visio, Sharepoint,
Powerpoint, Excel, etc.
- Great communication skills both written and oral
- Ownership of tasks and projects with 100% follow through to completion
- Ability to follow process and create process where there is none
- Experience in handling and securing sensitive information and data
- Experience in the healthcare field
Minimal work direction needed, highly skilled and knowledgeable to the
position and provides best practicing sharing within work group.
Responsible for the maintenance, troubleshooting, access, and backup for
enterprise wide systems. Technologies supported include operating systems,
servers, networks, system security, hardware and other software
applications. Responsibilities: Troubleshoot system issues and resolve or
recommend solutions. Create and manage system documentation, including
configurations and backup procedures. Create patches and updates as needed.
Participate in the definition and implementation of system components
including new servers, hardware, software and upgrades. Install, upgrade,
support and troubleshoot operating systems. Must possess solid knowledge of
operating systems and networking hardware and software. 8 plus years of
experience functioning in a Systems Administrator capacity is required.
*Thanks & Regards…*
*Business Development Manager*
*Email : r...@systematix-software.com <r...@systematix-software.com> *
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SAP
or Oracle Financials" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/sap-or-oracle-financials.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.