Client : Quinnox
*Hi FRIENDS *
*Hope you are doing good.*
*We have an immediate position for our direct client. So let me know if
you have any matching profile for the below position.*
*Title: Websphere Engineer (Windows)*
*Location: Pleasanton, CA(ONLY LOCALS)*
*NEED ONLY GC OR USC*
*Preference: Local CA residents who are visa independent.*
We are currently looking for highly motivated Websphere Engineer with
systems knowledge to work in the Release Engineering team. This position
focused on expertise in Websphere, WebLogic and IIS. This position
supports the Client Online application and integrated systems at Client.
This position will also work closely with engineering teams to create
consistent and repeatable code and server deployments. An ideal candidate
will have a strong operations background as well as some development
experience. Candidates for this position must be able to, from day one,
roll up their sleeves and hit the ground running, and bring their
experience to the team to make the project deployments much smoother. Most
importantly, the right individual will be with a positive, “can-do”
attitude and a passion for delivering technical solutions in a fast-paced
*Job Duties and Responsibilities:*
· Provide technical guidance, knowledge transfer and mentorship to
Client internal engineering peers as required and lead technical staff
· Server Maintenance based on updates, system requirements, data
usage, and antivirus requirements.
· Actively monitor and administer the applications and hosting
environment to increase efficiency, improve reliability, and minimize
· Triage and provide technical solutions to environment related
issues encountered by the Client Online application
· Support developers with change requests, uptime, performance
related issues, and access
· Documentation of work in regards to bug reports, systems
analysis, application monitoring, and common task reporting
· Author internal documentation, such as environment diagrams,
installation/configuration documents and release notes.
· Assist in establishing and implementing configuration management
program and policies.
· Troubleshoot and debug environment and infrastructure problems
found in the production and non-production environments.
· Measurement, optimization, and tuning of system performance and
ensuring that systems will run reliably and are highly available in a 24/7
· Automate systems monitoring tasks using standard monitoring tools.
· Manage and control the continuous release promotion cycle
(manually short-term, through automation long-term) including the following
environments: development, integration, staging, QA, Load and production.
· Provide 24 by 7 production and pre-prod support
· Minimum of 5 years hands on experience supporting Websphere
application server installation, configuration and management in a Windows
or UNIX environment.
· 3 – 5 years’ experience in working with management and
maintenance of applications running on IIS.
· 2 – 4 years’ experience working with Windows 2008 - 2012 R2 in a
virtualized (VMWare) environment
· 3+ years hands on experience with Clear Case, SCM or equivalent
experience with similar version control product
· Minimum of 3 years of Windows system administration experience
with Windows Server 2008 / 2012
· Experience scripting with wsadmin, Jacl or Jython
· Understanding of basic SQL and PL/SQL commands is a plus.
· Understanding of installation / configuration of DB2 Data Server
Client a plus
· Hands on experience deploying and configuring Java Web
applications on Websphere 6.1, 7.0 and 8.5.5
· Experience with build automation and deployment tools such as ANT
a strong plus
· Strong troubleshooting and analysis skills
· Willing and capable of mentoring others and leading by example.
*Required Technical Skills*
· Thorough knowledge of managing Windows 2008 and 2012 R2
Operating Systems in virtualized environment
· Thorough understanding of building, deploying configuring and
troubleshooting Websphere applications integrated with IIS 8.5
· Thorough understanding of and experience with managing web
applications in a highly available environment
· Understanding of networks and firewall systems
· Passion for improving software development processes and desires
to automate any repetitive work you ever do. Familiarity with configuration
management, tools including Clear Case, Chef, Puppet, CFengine or similar
industry-standard CM solutions
· Enthusiasm for working closely with developers to understand ops
· Experience with large project rollouts at an enterprise level.
· Detailed knowledge of Windows 2012 R2 operating systems and tools.
· Good knowledge of SCM (software configuration management).
· Working knowledge of web services, web application development,
Oracle database Server, multi-tier application systems.
· Good knowledge of software configuration, source control, and
build engineering, scripting and system administration is required.
· Database management expertise: MS SQL Server, Oracle.
· Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, including
application and network-level troubleshooting ability
· Knowledge/experience with troubleshooting installing and
configuring SSL certificates.
· Understanding of TCP/IP, UDP, IP ROUTING, SSH/SFTP/SCP, DNS,
· Ability to think and operate as a team player
· Proven track record of project delivery results.
· Extremely strong interpersonal and communication skills (written
and verbal) with the ability to assess and clearly communicate technical
and project risk.
· Ability to act as a consultant and provide recommendations to the
IT / Design Team.
· Ability to operate as independently or as part of collaborative
· Demonstrate strong project leadership and ability to develop
strong working relationships with Client technical personnel.
· The candidate must be able to learn quickly, work in a
fast-paced, team-driven environment and have the ability to communicate
well with technical and non-technical personnel.
· Willing to work after hours and weekends (as needed) in order to
deploy product releases in predefined, maintenance windows.
· Must be able to multi-task, manage details and keep sight of
*Qualifications and **Certifications**:*
· BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
4758 Forest Ridge Dr
Mason OH 45040
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"American Vendor--IT Consulting" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/sap-vendor.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.