*Hi FRIENDS *
*Hope you are doing good.*
*We have an immediate position for our direct client. So let me know if
you have any matching profile for the below position.*
*MIN 10+ year consultant*
*Position :** Microsoft SQL Server DBA/developer*
*Location : Austin TX or Highlands Ranch CO*
*Duration : 6+ months.*
The Database team is part of the Infrastructure Engineering and Operations
organization and is responsible for common database infrastructure that
supports multiple enterprise applications and multiple business lines.
This role will include, but not be limited to, the design, implementation,
advanced problem analysis, successful deployment, and continuous
operational improvement of database technologies used at Visa. The
individual should be well versed in database administration and engineering
practices and principles. The individual will share the responsibility of
overall database support in various database environments used by different
business lines. He or she will provide technical influence and subject
matter expertise for the database team.
This is an individual contributor senior level role responsible for solving
complex problems and taking a broad perspective to identify innovative
solutions. This role serves as a technical/functional specialist and works
independently with guidance only in the most complex situations.
Support Database Administration and Engineering in the architecture,
design, development and deployment, and management of Microsoft SQL
database environments. This includes the advanced to expert engineering
and implementation of the following:
- Provide technical expertise to design the most efficient and cost
effective solutions for Microsoft SQL Server–based database systems.
- Provide DBA support for databases in various environments including
non-prod and prod; provide DBA support for vendor and internally developed
- Manage, support and maintain Microsoft SQL Server database technology and
infrastructure, adhering to the architectural guidelines and policies.
- Physical implementation of databases, storage structures,
high-availability solutions, replication, encryption, and disaster recovery
- Provide DBA support in engineering enterprise monitoring, backup,
alerting, and security compliance solutions for SQL servers.
- Provide technical expertise and hands-on support in consolidation and
migration of databases to new hardware and platforms.
- Proactive and reactive performance analysis, monitoring, troubleshooting
and resolution of database issues.
- Regular database capacity planning and archival solution related to
database growth and system utilization, trend analysis, predictive future
database resource requirements, and the structured organized reporting of
- Work closely with other Infrastructure operations and engineering,
product development, business operations, and technical operations to
ensure delivery of database services within the SLA's and performance
- Participate in the evaluation, selection and implementation of DBA tools
to improve the effectiveness of tasks such as performance monitoring and
tuning, recovery, and database change management processing.
- Advance experience with automation of managerial and repetitive DBA tasks.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technology field or
- 10 years of DBA experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Strong knowledge and extensive experience with Microsoft SQL server
technologies (all core areas: SSMS, SQL clustering, Data Synchronization,
Encryption, Partitioning, Performance, Security, SSIS and SSRS
configuration) is mandatory.
- Sound knowledge of all windows and SQL utilities; strong Powershell
knowledge and experience is a plus
- Solid understanding of network, storage, tiered application environments
- Solid knowledge in database replication technologies including Always-on,
GoldenGate, etc. and strong architectural/engineering skills to design
systems that meet various applications High Availability and Disaster
- Have good experience in engineering processes supporting repetitive or
frequent tasks in database administration or deployment.
- Solid understanding and experience in maintain MSSQL technology
lifecycle, and automation of MSSQL deployment.
- Good engineering skills in developing enterprise solutions to support
MSSQL in areas like backup, monitoring/alerting, security compliance,
- Good interpersonal skills along with effective communication (both
written and verbal) skills.
- Demonstrate ability to solve complex systems and database environment
- Demonstrate ability to work in a complex organization to determine
business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those
- A good team player, leader, flexible, share knowledge, help others,
collaborate well within and outside the team.
4758 Forest Ridge Dr
Mason OH 45040
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"American Vendor--IT Consulting" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/sap-vendor.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.