kbochert wrote:
> It seems to me that this kind of thing is easily translated to Django
> templates, quicker to type, easier to read, and infinitely extendable.
> The syntax and names should be recognizable to a Python/Django/Html
> user.

This seems like a good idea, and it'd be easily implemented as a
"template rendering engine." I'd suggest posting to a different list
(Django-users maybe) to get more eyeballs on it.

I think it'd work well, and it's definitely easy to parse. It has the
feel of something similar to docutils, but it's closely tied to an html
document tree structure while Docutils tries to abstract the format, and
represent document elements as a tree.

I'd be willing to say that your idea is very good. It potentially could
become a total replacement for the way an html document is stored, but
it's an unrealistic possibility in practice. This is because you're
proposing what some might call "a solution without a problem." Most
people don't mind html, and the ones that do would rather use a GUI html
editor. Your idea is still good, but I don't think it'd be something I'd
switch to even if it was a finished, turn-key product. I could be wrong,
and this could be the next laser. You never know.

Jeff Anderson