Because of the "curiosity" of Satchmo storing checkout information in
cache, I tossed out memcache long ago and use db cache, so that is not
volatile. But that was something that I thought of.

I looked how the CartManager worked (because that is what the system is
using to get the cart from the session) and if the cart isn't in the
session, it tries to load the cart from the db via the customer. So I
change the code to always persist the cart when the user is on "/cart".
I've only tried it this morning but I haven't been able to reproduce it
since.

So Fingers crossed... but any insights would be valuable.

Mike Hostetler
SquarePeg Systems
http://www.squarepegsystems.com