Glenn Morris wrote:
> I'm pining for commit notifications...

Sorry!

> Maybe try asking baz...@lists.canonical.com for help?

Karl suggested asking on gnu-prog-discuss.

> They'll probably want to know what the versions of bzr etc were before
> and after the upgrade.
> Did you upgrade to bzr 2.6?

In theory bzr wasn't upgraded.  The package manager thinks it has
2.1.2-1 installed and there isn't an upgrade for it in Stable so there
shouldn't have been any changes.  The log doesn't show any changes to
it.  However bzr itself reports 2.6b2 so I know that it is out of sync
with the package manager.  I don't know when that was installed.

Python went from 2.6.6-3+squeeze6 to 2.6.6-3+squeeze7 at the upgrade
and is reporting itself as Python 2.6.6.  Due to the special nature of
the hand installation on that machine it did cause problems since
things weren't really under package management.  The bzrlib addon did
probably change too.  I don't know what version it is installed now.

> I think that may have removed the revision_history attribute that
> bzr-hookless uses. It was deprecated in 2.5:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr-hookless-email/+bug/988195
>
> has a possible patch.

Thank you for doing that research!  That is very likely the problem.
I will try the patch and see if that fixes things.

Bob