Hello,

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 11:09:33PM -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:

> The problem is that Savannah does not host the web pages.  If Savannah
> did then we would support svn and git and the others for web pages.

With current issues related to vcs load, I think CVS may have
substantial advantages over Git (not sure for Subversion).

Git is great for software where you always want to have
the full tree updated, and often dig in commit logs and diffs.
in this use case it's particularly nice to have whole repository
locally.

When you edit web pages, (0) you rarely need any history, and
(1) in many cases, it's sufficient to have just one file
(or one directory) updated. so fetching the full history is wasting
the bandwidth and local storage (recent Git does support having less
than full history locally, but the user has to know how to specify
this in command line), and as far as I know updating a single file
or checking out a single arbitrary directory is not supported at all.