> Removing the CSS top:1.1em; in ul.topmenuitemsubmenu{} of base.css seems to
mitigate that problem.

Then in other browsers the dropping item list would overlap the menu line and
make it harder to select the neighboring items from topmenu. I wonder if
reducing top to 0.8em or 0.9em could fix it for you.

> FWIW, personally, my recommendation is to use the "stone age menu" feature,
selectable from the "My Account Conf" page, for more reliable UI operation.

Indeed, the submenu doesn't drop in browsers like NetSurf 3.2.  the "stone
age" menu works, but it e.g. isn't selectable for anonymous users. should we
make it default?

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15294>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/