Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> Looks like some delay or another problem with emacs delivery: I was
> sent an email almost an hour ago, which didn't arrive.

It's the weekend so I would not expect a reply from sysadmin until at
least Monday.  But from some IRC chatter that I saw while lurking
earlier I think that the exim logs filled up the disk on eggs
preventing it from receiving email.  Around 2pm -0500 time it looked
like Ian and Ruben were discussing the problem and fixing it.  So I
think that was why the mailing lists stalled for a while today.  And
your mail here to this list came through so things must be okay again.

> And email I sent to debbugs wasn't received by debbugs, because my
> message was telling debbugs to close a bug report, and that bug
> report is still open (and my email is not on the bug page).

Hmm...  debbugs is completely independent of eggs.  I don't see
anything wrong on debbugs.  It is receiving email and sending email.
(Before anyone asks, the spamd is running there.)  My own email tests
through there is working okay.  From a very light surface look
everything looks okay.

For example if I send a help request to the control address then I get
a help response back okay.  It returns the expected help page within a
moment.  Pretty quick with the response too.

> Can someone look into this?

Please send a message to help-debb...@gnu.org and ask about debbugs
being slow to respond to email.  One of Glenn, Michael, or Noam (or
potentially myself, but I don't know how the debbugs part operates)
will look at the problem there.  You need one of them to debug how
debbugs is working or not.

Bob